Supply Chain Management in the Postwar Period
Boichenko, M. V.
Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor
NTU “Dniprovska Polytechnic” MES of Ukraine, Dnipro
Boichenko, M. V. (2022). Supply Chain Management in the Postwar Period. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (42), рр. 148-152. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2022.1(42).148-152
The war and related domestic and foreign economic realities had a negative impact not only on logistics system in the country itself, but primarily on supply chains. For 2.5 months period 6.3 thousand km of main tracks were lost, 23573 km of roads and 289 road and 41 railway bridges were damaged. The country is forced to restructure its logistics system quickly.
In terms of economic recovery of Ukraine, one of the main tasks is to establish logistics in the western direction. And the EU’s post-war reconstruction plan concerning Ukraine envisages the reconstruction of all infrastructure, including logistics, according to the latest standards and European policy.
To determine the optimal strategy for supply chain management in the conditions of martial law and post-war reconstruction, we analyzed the best strategies of 2021 – the second year of pandemic restrictions. It is substantiated that the most optimal strategy of supply chain management in the conditions of martial law and post-war reconstruction will be the strategy of digitalization. The process of supply chain management is considered in detail and the directions of implementation of the supply chain management system are offered.
It is proved that the introduction of the latest principles of supply chain management in accordance with the analyzed current trends of its development will allow to rebuild the logistics infrastructure at such a level that it will not only optimally transform the country’s logistics system, but also become one of the components of Ukraine’s integration.
supply chains, post-war period, logistics system, management strategy, development trends.
- My zmusheni operatyvno perebudovuvaty nashu lohistychnu systemu [We are forced to quickly restructure our logistics system]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/perebudova-logistiki-v-umovah-vijni-u-fokusi-mizhnarodnoyi-konferenciyi-yevropa-karpat [in Ukrainian].
- Kabmin vydilyv 490 mln hrn na bazove vidnovlennia dorih [The Cabinet of Ministers has allocated UAH 490 million for the basic reconstruction of roads]. Retrieved from https://gmk.center/ua/news/kabmin-vydilyv-490-mln-hrn-na-bazove-vidnovlennia-dorih/?fbclid=IwAR0FOX8L_g7824RWbhClIIKb7UfARFQUa9sCq3fwD-a2f1mmHLzdKs70fZQ [in Ukrainian].
- Vidnovlennia Ukrayinskykh dorih pislia rosiyskoi zbroynoi ahresii – u fokusi Konferentsii yevropeyskykh dyrektoriv dorih (CEDR) [Reconstruction of Ukrainian roads after the Russian armed aggression – in the focus of the Conference of European Road Directors (CEDR)]. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/100064458592081/posts/369497021875581/ [in Ukrainian].
- 7 Mini Case Studies: Successful Supply Chain Cost Reduction and Management. Retrieved from https://www.logisticsbureau.com/7-mini-case-studies-successful-supply-chain-cost-reduction-and-management/.
- Top Supply Chain Management Trends For 2021. Retrieved from https://erpsolutions.oodles.io/blog/supply-chain-management-trends-2021/.
- Homeniuk, M. O. Rozvytok lohistyky na osnovi vprovadzhennia protsesiv didzhytalizatsii [Development of logistics based on the implementation of digitalization processes]. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/2_2020/53.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Pokhychenko, O. A. (2019). Trendy lohistyky ta supply chain management v proektsii transformatsiinykh zmin Industry 4.0 [Trends in logistics and supply chain management in the projection of transformational change Industry 4.0]. Intelekt ХХI, 3, рр. 149-154]. Retrieved from http://intellect21.nuft.org.ua/journal/2019/2019_3/26.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Trushkina, N. (2019). Transformation of customer relationship management in the digital economy. Digital economy and digital society: monograph. (рр. 311-316). Katowice, Wydawnictwo Wyzszej Szkoly Technicznej w Katowicach.
- Khodova, Ya. O. (2020). Realizatsiia stratehii rozvytku tsyfrovoi platformy transportno-lohistychnoho kompleksu [Implementation of the strategy of development of the digital platform of the transport and logistics complex]. Molodyi vchenyi – Young Scientist, 4 (80), рр. 42-45. Retrieved from http://www.molodyvcheny.in.ua/files/journal/2020/4/9.pdf. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32839/2304-5809/2020-4-80-9 [in Ukrainian].
- Shkurenko, O. V. (2021). Stratehichni imperatyvy rozvytku lohistychnoi infrastruktury Ukrayiny v umovakh ekonomiky zamknenoho tsyklu [Strategic imperatives for the development of Ukraine’s logistics infrastructure in a closed-loop economy]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrayiny, 1(40), рр. 137-141. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2021.1(40).137-141 [in Ukrainian].
- Supply Chain Management, SCM. Retrieved from https://www.it.ua/knowledge-base/technology-innovation/supply-chain-management-scm.
- Eagle Simon. Supply Chain Management Review. Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/irina/Downloads/SCMR1703_SC_Aglity.pdf.
Full Text (.pdf)