Assessment of the State of Competition in the Tourist Market of Ukraine
Shelemetieva T. V.
Doctor of Economic Sciences, professor, проф. academician of AES of Ukraine
Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic National University, Zaporizhzhia
Shelemetieva, T. V. (2022). Assessment of the State of Competition in the Tourist Market of Ukraine. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (42), рр. 101-105. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2022.1(42).101-105
The article evaluates the intensity of competition and the level of monopolization in the tourism market of Ukraine. It is noted that the most important feature of the tourist market of Ukraine is the intensity of competition – the struggle between tourist organizations for the most favorable conditions of production and sale in order to achieve better business results and business development. In such conditions, the assessment of the intensity of competition and the level of monopolization of the tourism market will allow companies to develop their pricing, product, sales and communication policies, to shape their strategy and tactics of behavior in the market.
It is noted that among the indicators most often used to assess the intensity of competition in the industry: market concentration index, Rosenbluth index (Hall-Tydman), Herfindahl-Hirschman index and the relative concentration ratio. It is possible to assess the efficiency of a tourist enterprise, as well as to predict the prospects of its development with the help of a traditional tool – market share. It demonstrates the place of a travel company in the relevant market segment among competitors.
It is proved that the information base for the analysis of competition in the market of tourist services of Ukraine is statistical and accounting of enterprises of various types for which tourism is the main, statistics of the Main Department of Statistics of Ukraine, State Agency for Tourism Development of Ukraine, State Statistics Service of Ukraine.
The rating of tour operators of Ukraine by the number of served tourists was assessed. It is determined that the leaders in the tourist market and the largest share in the number of tourists served are tour operators “Join UP!”, Travel Company “Anex Tour”, “TEZ Tour”, “Coral Travel”.
Indicators of intensity of competition in the tourist market of Ukraine for 2018-2019 are calculated. According to the indicators for assessing the intensity of competition in the market, it was noted that the market is non-monopolized, low-concentrated (moderately concentrated) and high-intensity competition.
The results of the assessment of the intensity of competition can be used in the formation of competitive strategies of tour operators in Ukraine, in deciding on the entry of new enterprises in the industry or on the feasibility of continuing to operate effectively in existing firms.
estimation, tourist market, competition, intensity, monopolization, indicators, index, coefficient.
- Yurynets, Z. V. Doslidzhennia konkurentnoho seredo-vyshcha rynku turystychnykh posluh Ukrainy [Research of the competitive environment of the market of tourist services of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=3759 [in Ukrainian].
- Pravyk, Ju. M. (2008). Marketyngh turyzmu [Tourism marketing]. Kyiv, Knowledge [in Ukrainian].
- Pidluzhna, O. B., Kolos, Z. V. Konkurentospromozhnist v turyzmi yak providnyi napriam staloho rozvytku [Competitiveness in tourism as a leading area of sustainable development]. Retrieved from https://visen.knau.kharkov.ua/20191_45.html [in Ukrainian].
- Hrabovenska, S. P. Napriamy pidvyshchennia konkuren-tospromozhnosti Ukrainy v turystychnii sferi [Directions for increasing the competitiveness of Ukraine in the tourism sector]. Retrieved from http://www.investplan.com.ua/pdf/22_2013/21.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Lupak, R. L., Vasyltsiv, T. H. (2016) Konkurentospromozhnist pidpryiemstva [Competitiveness of the enterprise]. Lviv, LKA Publishing [in Ukrainian].
- Rozumei, S., Semidei, K. (2019). Otsiniuvannia stanu konku-rentsii na rynku zhyrooliinoi produktsii Ukrainy [Assessing the state of competition in the market of oil products of Ukraine]. Ekonomichnyi analiz – Economic analysis, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 87–94. DOI: https://doi.org/10.35774/econa2019.02.087 [in Ukrainian].
- Dovidka za rezultatamy opratsiuvannia statystychnykh zvitiv turoperatoriv za 2018 rik [Information on the results of processing statistical reports of tour operators for 2018]. Retrieved from https://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/List?lang=uk-UA&id=be44a1a7-69b3-4a77-a86a-447499abcdd6&tag=Analitika&isSpecial=true [in Ukrainian].
- Reyting krupneyshikh turoperatorov Ukrainy [Rating of the largest tour operators in Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://piligrim.ua/turoperatory-ukrainy#ranking [in Russian].
- Turystychna diialnist v Ukraini [Tourist activity in Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2019/tyr/tyr_dil/arch_tyr_dil.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Kosar, N. S. (2018). Marketynhovi doslidzhennia [Marketing research]. Lviv, Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)