Trends of development of hotel and restaurant economy of Zaporizhzya region in the context of strategy formation
Doctor of Economic Sciences, Academician of the Academy of Economic Sciences of Ukraine
Zaporizhzhya Polytechnic National University, Zaporizhia
Shelemetieva, T. V. (2021). Trends of Development of Hotel and Restaurant Economy of Zaporizhzya Region in the Context of Strategy Formation. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (40), рр. 27-34. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2021.1(40).27-34
The article substantiates the need to study trends in the hotel and restaurant industry of the Zaporozhye region in the context of strategy formation. Today, the domestic hospitality industry is developing rapidly, especially in large industrial and financial centers of the country. But the significance of this segment for the domestic economy is much lower than in developed countries.
It is noted that the efficiency of the hotel and restaurant industry depends on many external and internal factors that have a broad impact on the further development of the hospitality industry. The hotel and restaurant business is actively developing, finding new quality features and new impulses of its development, but in recent years a number of unresolved issues have accumulated.
An analysis of the economic situation and trends in the hotel and restaurant industry of the region on the basis of statistical data of the Main Department of Statistics of Zaporozhye region and the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. The dynamics of the number of accommodation facilities in the Zaporozhye region is studied. As a result, the following trends were identified: the number of hotel establishments in 2019 decreased significantly, due to numerous inspections and non-compliance of hotels with the European level, which led to fierce competition between the hotel industry.
The offers of tourist services of Zaporizhia region for 2017-2019 are analyzed. The capacity utilization rate in 2019 is lower than in 2017-2018. This indicates not quite uneven filling of seats by seasons and the creation of a significant number of reserve seats in case of seasonal increase number of guests.
It is noted that the largest number of hotels and restaurants in the region falls on Berdyansk, Melitopol districts and the city of Zaporozhye. This is due to the fact that Berdyansk and Melitopol districts are the main recreational and resort complexes in the region with the largest tourist flows.
The analysis of the dynamics of the number of restaurants for 2017-2019 in the Zaporozhye region and the dynamics of restaurants in the cities of regional importance of the Zaporozhye region. It is noted that in recent years there has been a steady reduction in the network of restaurants owned by legal entities. This is due to the growing number of enterprises owned by individual entrepreneurs, as well as the closure of canteens at industrial and other facilities.
Regarding the solution of problems of development of hotel economy of the Zaporozhye area it is offered to provide a number of strategic tasks. The perspective directions of development in the sphere of restaurant business in the region are generalized. There will be trends: national cuisines, companies offering craft dishes, the implementation of a healthy diet, cooking in the presence of the customer, from farm products, cooking low-calorie meals, using low-temperature modes and opening restaurants in casual format, a kind of factories and markets.
trends, development, hotel and restaurant industry, region, dynamics, indicators, prospects, strategy.
- Aleksieiev, D. A. (2006). Restoran za interesamy [Restaurant by interests]. Restoranni vidomosti –Restaurant information, no.101, pp. 12-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Holovne upravlinnia statystyky v Zaporizkii oblasti [Main Department of Statistics in Zaporizhia region]. Retrieved from http://www.zp.ukrstat.gov.ua/index.php [in Ukrainian].
- Kudenko, N. V. (2002). Marketynhovi stratehii firmy [Marketing strategies of the firm]. Kyiv, KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Fedak, V. I. (2012). Hostynnist – naivazhlyvishyi element yakisnoho obsluhovuvannia [Hospitality is the most important element of quality of service]. Synopsis of lectures of the scientific and methodical council [in Ukrainian].
- Morgunov, E. B. (2000). Personnel management: research, evaluation, training. Moscow, Biznes-shkola Intel-syntez [in Russian].
- Hrabovenska, S. P. (2012). Ekonomichnyi analiz hotelnoho hospodarstva i dynamika turystychnykh potokiv v Ukraini [Economic analysis of the hotel industry and dynamics of tourist flows in Ukraine]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho lisotekhnichnoho universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of the National Forestry University, Issue 22, рр. 214-221 [in Ukrainian].
- Ostapenko, Ya. O. Statystychnyi analiz pidpryiemstv hotelnoho hospodarstva ta prohnozuvannia yoho rozvytku [Statistical analysis of hotel enterprises and forecasting its development]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://global-national.in.ua/archive/8-2015/256.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Miska prohrama «Prohrama rozvytku turyzmu v mis-ti Zaporizhzhia na 2020-2022 roky» [City program “Tourism Development Program in the city of Zaporozhye for 2020-2022”]. Retrieved from https://zp.gov.ua/upload/content/o_1dt0jv2041e0u181g1b011v6r1nok21.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Yaki zaporizki hoteli zaplatyly naibilshe turysty-chnoho zboru za 6 misiatsiv roku (infohrafika) [Which Zaporozhye hotels paid the most tourist tax for 6 months of the year (infographics)]. Retrieved from https://www.getman.media/yaki-zaporizki-goteli-zaplatyly-najbilshe-turystychnogo-zboru-za-6-misyatsiv-roku-infografika [in Ukrainian].
- V Ukraini pershyi eko-sertyfikovanyi hotel – Radisson Blu [In Ukraine, the first eco-certified hotel – Radisson Blu.]. Travel news. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.tourismnews.com.ua/news-235.html [in Ukrainian].
- Suchasnyi stan, perspektyvy ta tendentsii rozvytku restorannoho hospodarstva v Ukraini [Current state, prospects and trends in the restaurant industry in Ukraine]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://market-infr.od.ua/journals/2018/16_2018_ukr/13.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2014/kap/kap_u/kap_u17.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Stratehichnyi analiz sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvy-tku Zaporizkoi oblasti [Strategic analysis of socio-economic development of Zaporozhye region]. Retrieved from https://www.zoda.gov.ua/files/WP_Article_File/original/000122/122545.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Zvit pro periodychne vidstezhennia rezultatyvnosti rehuliatornoho akta [Report on periodic monitoring of the effectiveness of the regulatory act]. Retrieved from https://zp.gov.ua/upload/editor/82_zvit_pro_vidstezhennya_rezultativnosti.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Dokhody naselennia po rehionakh Ukrainy [Incomes of the population by regions of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://csrv2.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2008/gdn/dvn_ric/dvn_ric_u/dn_reg2013_u.html [in Ukrainian].
- Novi formaty suchasnykh zakladiv restorannoho hos-podarstva i yikh rozvytok na vitchyznianomu rynku [New formats of modern restaurants and their development in the domestic market]. Retrieved from http://www.studfiles.ru/preview/5647529/page:5/ [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)