Assessment of Leading Indicators of State Regulatory Policy in the Banking Sector
certified appraiser with the qualification “World-renowned appraiser WAVO-WRV”
Registration Number: WRV-PUAVS/2024-01/02
LLC “Investment and Legal Group”, Kyiv
Artemenko, D. M. (2021). Assessment of Leading Indicators of State Regulatory Policy in the Banking Sector. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (40), рр. 147-152. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2021.1(40).147-152
The article, based on the generalization of domestic and international experience in assessing the leading indicators of regulatory policy in the banking sector, formed proposals to determine the financial condition and risk of bankruptcy of the bank.
It is proposed to supplement prudential banking supervision, based on tracking the economic standards of individual banks, with models of discriminant analysis for a comprehensive determination of the financial condition and risk of bankruptcy of banks.
The built-in reference matrix of discriminant analysis of the level of financial condition and the degree of risk of bankruptcy of the bank helps to improve the quality of financial determination of its market value, which is a reliable indicator for informed decisions by owners, managers and customers to maintain its effective functioning and further stable development.
The use of a range of values of the level of probability of bankruptcy, which is the inverse of the integral indicator of the financial condition of the bank, allows more differentiated determination of classes of banks by level of financial condition and group of banks by bankruptcy risk.
The developed reference matrix as a starting point of methodological support of comprehensive financial assessment of market value of banks avoids mistakes in choosing the methodological approach and methods of calculating the market value of a particular bank and identify potential bankrupt banks for detailed revaluation of their loan portfolios and securities portfolios.
valuation, indicators, regulatory policy, probability of bankruptcy, financial condition, bank.
- Ohliad bankivskoho sektoru [Banking Sector Review]. (February 2021). Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/ua/news/all/oglyad-bankivskogo-sektoru-lyutiy-2021-roku [in Ukrainian].
- Pro zatverdzhennia Instruktsii pro poriadok rehuliuvannia diialnosti bankiv v Ukraini: Postanova NBU vid 28.08.2001 r. №368 [On approval of the Instruction on the procedure for regulating the activities of banks in Ukraine: Resolution of the NBU of August 28, 2001 №368]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0841-01/page#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Prymostka, L. O., Lysenok, O. V. (2008). Sukupnyi ryzyk banku: metodyka otsinky na osnovi normatyvno-indyksnoi modeli [Aggregate risk of the bank: assessment methodology based on normative-individual model]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy – Bulletin of the National Bank of Ukraine, 5, рр. 34-38 [in Ukrainian].
- Prokhorova, V. V., Krupchatnikov, O.S. (2009). Prohnozuvannia bankrutstva yak skladova antykryzovoho finansovoho upravlinnia. Ekonomichnyi prostir, 23/2, рр. 103–109 [in Ukrainian].
- Diskriminantnyy analiz [Discriminant Analysis]. http://docpsy.ru/lektsii/spss/1227-diskriminanatnyj-analiz.html [in Russian].
- Hubarieva, I. O., Hontar, D. D. (2016). Otsinka vartosti banku pry vybori yoho konkurentnoi ta korporatyvnoi stratehii [Estimation of bank value at a choice of its competitive and corporate strategies]. Kharkiv, INZHEK Publishing House [in Ukrainian].
- Artemenko, D. M. (2016). Metodychne zabezpechennia kompleksnoi otsinky vartosti banku v kryzovykh umovakh [Methodical maintenance of a complex estimation of cost of bank in crisis conditions]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu – Economic Herald of the Donbas, 1(43), рр. 101–109 [in Ukrainian].
- Stolyarov, V. F., Artemenko, D. M. (2015). Specifics of Determining the Market Assessment Rights Requirement for Obligations Arising from the Implementation of the Bank Credit Operations of Different Quality that are Secured and Unsecured Collaterally. Economic Herald of the Donbas, 4(42), рр. 105-110.
Full Text (.pdf)