Strategic Imperatives for the Development of Logistics Infrastructure in Ukraine in a Closed-Loop Economy
Phd in Economic Sciences
State University of Infrastructure and Technologies, Kyiv
Shkurenko, O. V. (2021). Strategic Imperatives for the Development of Logistics Infrastructure in Ukraine in a Closed-Loop Economy. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (40), рр. 137-141. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2021.1(40).137-141
The article is devoted to the definition of strategic imperatives for the development of logistics infrastructure of Ukraine in the conditions of formation of a new economic model – the paradigm of the closed cycle economy. It is substantiated that the effective functioning of the economy of any country is impossible without the creation of proper logistics infrastructure as a factor in the formation of aggregate demand, in the environment in which the movement of goods. In general, the high level of logistics development in a closed cycle economy provides the following positive effects: reducing the cost of goods and services, creating new jobs, increasing the turnover of wholesale and retail trade and improving customer service, increasing the investment attractiveness of developed transport infrastructure, improving environmental situation due to the optimization of transport infrastructure, increasing state revenues from the realization of transit potential. These are the aspects that confirm the relevance of the study.
The place of Ukraine during 2010-2018 is analyzed according to the logistics efficiency index calculated by the World Bank. It is proved that according to the components of the logistics efficiency index, the worst situation is with the quality of logistics infrastructure due to the high level of physical and moral deterioration, which slows down the development of the country as a whole. The relationship between the components (efficiency of customs processing of cargo; quality of logistics infrastructure; international shipments; quality of logistics services; control and tracking of goods; timeliness of cargo delivery) and the index of logistics efficiency are presented. Strategic guidelines for the development of logistics infrastructure in terms of creating a new economic model with a focus on the closed cycle economy, which is part of the national logistics strategy, which aims to harmonize the interests of economic process participants in the socio-economic environment, its main directions should be aimed at improving parameters. incoming flows of resources based on improving relations with business entities; improvement of internal flows, in results and coherence of actions; improving relations with consumers, ensuring the most accurate compliance of outgoing flows of goods and services with their requirements.
logistics infrastructure, development, strategic imperatives, closed-loop economy.
- Sumets, O. M., Babenkova, T. Yu. (2010). Lohistychna infrastruktura: teoretychnyi aspekt [Logistics infrastructure: theoretical aspect]. Kyiv, Khai-Tek Pres. 46 р. [in Ukrainian].
- Krykavskyi, Ye. (2014). Lohistyka dlia ekonomistiv [Logistics for economists]. 2nd ed., Corr. and ext. Lviv, Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House. 476р. [in Ukrainian].
- Krykavskyi, Ye., Chornopyska, N. (2009). Lohistychni systemy [Logistics systems]. Lviv, Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House. 107 р. [in Ukrainian].
- Vasylevskyi, M., Bilyk, I., Deineha, O., Dovba, M., Kostiuk, O., Krykavskyi, Ye. et al. (2008). Ekonomika lohistychnykh system [Economics of logistics systems]. Lviv, Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House. 596 р. [in Ukrainian].
- Sumets, O., Babenkova, T. (2012). Lohistychni systemy i lantsiuhy postavok [Logistics systems and supply chains]. Kyiv, Khai-Tek-Pres. 220 р. Retrieved from http://pidruchniki.com/72755/logistika/logistichni_sistemi_i_lantsyugi_postavok [in Ukrainian].
- Hryhorak, M. Yu. (2017). Kontseptualni polozhennia rozroblennia natsionalnoi lohistychnoi stratehii v heoekonomichnomu vymiri [Conceptual provisions for the development of a national logistics strategy in the geoeconomic dimension]. Naukovyi zhurnal «Intelekt XXI» – Scientific journal “Intellect XXI”, 4, рр. 58-64 [in Ukrainian].
- Kolodin, V. S. (1999). Logisticheskaya infrastruktura regionalnogo tovarnogo ryinka [Logistic infrastructure of the regional commodity market]. Irkutsk, Publishing house IGEA. 173 р. [in Russian].
- Kuzmenko, A. V. (2015). Kontseptualni osnovy rozvytku transportno-lohistychnoi infrastruktury zaliznychnoho transportu Ukrainy [Conceptual bases of development of transport and logistic infrastructure of railway transport of Ukraine]. Visnyk Khmelnytskoho natsionalnoho universytetu – Bulletin of Khmelnytsky National University, 2, Vol. 1 (222), рр. 165–170 [in Ukrainian].
- Savina, N. B. (2019). Rozvytok transportno-lohistychnoi systemy Ukrainy [Development of the transport and logistics system of Ukraine]. Infrastruktura rynku – Market infrastructure, Issue 27, рр. 39-46 [in Ukrainian].
- Prohorova, V. V. (2017). Tendentsii formuvannia rynku lohistychnykh posluh yak indykator rozvytku pidpryiemnytstva [Trends in the formation of the logistics services market as an indicator of business development]. Sotsialna ekonomika – Social economics, 2, pp. 125-131 [in Ukrainian].
- Bondarenko, O. S. (2015). Obgruntuvannia sutnosti lohistychnoi infrastruktury u finansovykh potokakh pidpryiemstv [Substantiation of the essence of logistics infrastructure in the financial flows of enterprises]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid – Investments: practice and experience, 8, рр. 51-55 [in Ukrainian].
- Falovych, V. A. (2017). Vykopystannia zasobiv lohistychnoi infrastruktury v lantsiuhu postavok. [Use of logistics infrastructure in the supply chain]. Ekonomika i suspilstvo – Economy and society, 10, рр. 389-395 [in Ukrainian].
- Waters, D. (2003). Logistics: An Introduction to Supply Chain Management. Palgrave Macmillan. 364 p.
- Buren. N., Demmers. M., R. van der Heijden, Witlox. F. (2016). Towards a Circular Economy: The Role of Dutch Logistics Industries and Governments. Sustainability, 8 (647), рр. 1-17.
- Ofitsiinyi sait Svitovoho banku [Official site of the World Bank]. Retrieved from http://lpi.worldbank.org/.
- Connecting to Compete 2018. Trade Logistics in the Global Economy. The Logistics Performance Index and its Indicators. Retrieved from https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/29971/LPI2018.pdf
- Natsionalna transportna stratehiia Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku: ckhvalena: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 30.05.10 r. № 430-r [National Transport Strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2030: approved: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 30.05.10 № 430-r]. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/430-2018-%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
- Yedynyi veb-portal orhaniv vykonavchoi vlady Ukrainy [The only web portal of the executive authorities of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/diyalnist/reformi/ekonomichne-zrostannya/reforma-infrastrukturi [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanov, S. V., Lyashenko, V. I., Shamileva, L. L., Trushkina, N. V. (2019). Development trends of the transport and logistics system of the Prydniprovsky economic region. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), рр. 143-150. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).143-150 [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)