Environmental Management: Public Participation
Academician of the Academy of Economic Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Economic SciencesORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7348-178X
Donetsk National Technical University, Pokrovsk
Deich, M. Ye. (2021). Environmental Management: Public Participation. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (40), рр. 87-90. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2021.1(40).87-90
The article on the example of Donetsk region shows that the ecological condition does not improve, but, on the contrary, worsens every year.
Environmental management is recognized worldwide as a possible way to escape from the environmental crisis, therefore scientists pay sufficient attention to the opportunities and problems of environmental management. Practical experience gained in the last 5-10 years indicates some problems in the implementation of environmental management in Ukrainian enterprises.
It is proved that not only the management of enterprises should change their awareness; all members of local communities should do it.
Currently, the environmental movement is developing, which is characterized by the transition from traditional forms of environmental events to environmental initiatives. The role and tasks of public ecological institutions in solving social and ecological problems are shown, their main types are determined.
An example of a modern version of the community of the past in the English city of Leeds Lilac Grove is given. The name of the community Lilac is an acronym for society that allows for minimal damage to the environment.
The conditions for effective public participation in making important decisions are determined. The expediency of developing economic and financial mechanisms of rational environmental resources management is proved.
For Donetsk region, where the majority of the population lives in industrial cities with extremely unfavorable environmental conditions, an important aspect of management should be the mechanism for realizing the rights of citizens to compensation for harm to health. The article proposes events for the implementation of this mechanism.
environmental management, environment, public environmental organizations, economic and financial mechanism.
- Ekolohichnyi pasport Donetskoi oblasti [Ecological passport of Donetsk region]. (2019). Retrieved from https://mepr.gov.ua/files/docs/eco_passport/2019/Донецька.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Olefirenko, O. (2013). Ekolohichnyi menedzhment yak osnova staloho rozvytku [Environmental management as a basis for sustainable development]. Efektyvnist derzhavnoho upravlinnya – Efficiency of public administration, Issue 36, pp. [in Ukrainian].
- Bilyk, O. S. (2012). Ekolohichnyi menedzhment na promyslovykh pidpryyemstvakh Ukrayiny: zmist ta sutnist ponyattia [Environmental management at industrial enterprises of Ukraine: content and essence of the concept]. Energy saving. Energy. Energy audit, 12(106), рр. 49-64 [in Ukrainian].
- Tendiuk, A. O. (2011). Teoretychni problemy ekolohichnoho menedzhmentu [Theoretical problems of environmental management]. Ekonomichni nauky. Seriia «Ekonomika ta menedzhment» – Economics of Science. Series “Economics and Management”, 8(30), рр. 329-337 [in Ukrainian].
- Pidorycheva, I. Yu. (2020). Innovatsiina ekosystema Prydniprovskoho ekonomichnoho rayonu: aktory, yikh yakist ta povnota [Innovative ecosystem of Prydniprovsky economic region: actors, their quality and completeness]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrayiny, 1, рр. 116-130. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).116-130 [in Ukrainian].
- Shevchuk, V. Ya., Satalkin, Yu. M., Bilyavskyy, H. O. et al. (2004). Ekolohichne upravlinnya [Environmental management]. Kyiv, Lybid. 432 р. [in Ukrainian].
- Schastlivy vmeste. Ekologicheskiye obshchiny 21 veka [Happy together. Ecological communities of the 21st century]. Retrieved from https://ecodelo.org/v_mire/32977-schastlivy_vmeste_ekologicheskie_obshchiny_21_veka-statia [in Russian].
Full Text (.pdf)