Strategic Directions of Security of Small and Medium Business Development in Ukraine in the Conditions of Limited Opportunities
Doctor of Economic Sciences, professor
Doctor of Economic Sciences
Doctor of Economic Sciences, Assistant professor
Doctor of Economic Sciences, Assistant professor
Phd in Sociological Sciences, Assistant professor
Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Novikova, O. F., Ostafiichuk, Ya. V., Azmuk, N. A., Khandii, O. O., Pankova, O. V. (2021). Strategic Directions of Security of Small and Medium Business Development in Ukraine in the Conditions of Limited Opportunities. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (40), рр. 80-86. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2021.1(40).80-86
A general assessment of the state of small business, the business environment, unfavorable conditions and opportunities for its development has been carried out. The analysis of the decrease in the rating of ease of doing business in international comparisons is presented. The features of the state and prospects of Ukraine in the Eastern Partnership are revealed in the context of the policy of supporting small and medium-sized businesses. The directions of the European Union’s financial assistance to Ukrainian entrepreneurship are revealed. Attention is focused on strengthening European aid during the COVID-19 pandemic. The directions of activities created within the framework of assistance from the European Union – the Office for the Development of Small and Medium Enterprises, the Office for the Promotion of Ukraine’s Exports, the Ukrainian Foundation for Standards, and the Office for Effective Regulation are disclosed. The possibilities of presenting Ukrainian goods and services, which are unique and competitive, to foreign markets are revealed.
The need for the development of certain types of creative industries with an emphasis on specialized activities in the field of design has been substantiated.
In the list of barriers to implementation, the lack of an industrial design ecosystem is put in the first place. It is proposed to include creative formations in regional development strategies through public-private partnerships.
The essence and content of directions and measures of state policy of Ukraine to support entrepreneurship, which have legal regulation, are disclosed. State support for certain industries and spheres of activity included assistance in case of partial unemployment, credit holidays, tax preferences, cheaper loans, financial support for agribusiness, development of the National online platform “Action. Business”. The directions of state support by target groups have been systematized. It is proposed to use such levers and mechanisms that will strengthen the state anti-pandemic policy.
small and medium business, social dialogue, security, development, Eastern partnership, digitalization, creative industries.
- Florida, R. (2002). Bohemia and Economic Geography. Journal of Economic Geography, Vol. 2, рр. 55-71.
- Florida, R. (2016). Kreativnyi klass: liudi, kotorye sozdaiut budushchee [Creative class: people who create the future]. Moscow, MIF [in Russian].
- Perelik vydiv ekonomichnoi diialnosti, yaki nalezhat do kreatyvnykh industrii: Dodatok do rozporiadzhennia Kabminu Ukrainy vіd 24.04.2019 r. №265-r [List of types of economic activity that belong to the creative industries: Supplement to the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated April 24, 2019 №265-r]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/265-2019-р#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Global’nyye tsepochki stoimosti: chto eto takoye? [Global value chains: what are they?]. Retrieved from https://globalcentre.hse.ru/news/152187308.html [in Russian].
- Predmetnyi dyzain v Ukraini [Subject design in Ukraine]. (2017). Retrieved from https://medium.com [in Ukrainian].
- Іgor Petrashko predstaviv mekhanіzmi pіdtrimki mіkro- і malogo pіdpriєmstva [Igor Petrashko presented the mechanisms of support for micro and small enterprises]. Retrieved from https://www.me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=69514bea-6d8c-436e-9114-bf7c170804e2&title=IgorPetrashkoPredstavivMekhanizmiPidtrimkiMikroIMalogoPidprimstva [in Ukrainian].
- «Dostupni kredyty 5-7-9%»: 216 novykh uhod za tyzhden ta liberalizatsiia umov yikh otrymannia [“Available loans 5-7-9%”: 216 new agreements per week and liberalization of conditions for their receipt]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/dostupni-krediti-5-7-9-216-novih-ugod-za-tizhden-ta-liberalizaciya-umov-yih-otrimannya [in Ukrainian].
- Do uvahy «yedynnykiv» I ta II hrup! Vyplatu dopomohy na ditei bude zaversheno u veresni [To the attention of the “units” of groups I and II! Payment of child benefits will be completed in September]. Retrieved from https://news.dtkt.ua/simple/individual-single-tax/64059 [in Ukrainian].
- Programi pіdtrimki bіznesu [Business support programs]. covid19.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://covid19.gov.ua/prohramy-pidtrymky-biznesu [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhpidtrymka-2020: Blyzko 323 mln hrn vzhe spla-cheno silhospvyrobnykam na chastkovu kompensatsiiu vidsotkiv za kredytamy [State Support 2020: About UAH 323 million has already been paid to farmers for partial compensation of interest on loans]. Ministry of Economy. Retrieved from https://www.me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=19ab0df9-c72b-4fbf-b71e-6cf906730ae9&title=Derzhpidtrimka2020-Blizko323-MlnGrnVzheSplachenoSilgospvirobnikamNaChastkovuKompensatsiiuVidsotkivZaKreditami [in Ukrainian].
- Ihor Petrashko. Uriad skasuvav 36 rehuliatornykh aktiv, sprostyvshy vedennia biznesu [The government repealed 36 regulations, simplifying doing business]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/uryad-skasuvav-36-regulyatornih-aktiv-sprostivshi-vedennya-biznesu-igor-petrashko [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)