A System of Food Providing for the Population without Market of the Food
National University of Food Technologies, Kyiv
Kryvun M. V. (2020). A System of Food Providing for the Population without Market of the Food. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (39), рр. 232-237. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.2(39).232-237
This article analyzes the fundamental differences between the functioning of the food supply system in the Soviet Union and the developed capitalistic countries.
The system of food providing the population without free market functioned for almost the whole of the twentieth century in the territory of 15 modern countries, including Ukraine, within the framework of state formation named the Soviet Union. The leadership of this formation has set an ambitious goal to create a self-sufficient economy that would independently meet all its needs with its own production.
The purpose of this study is to provide a critical overview of the food supply system in the absence of a food market. There is an assessment of the development of food production factors, as well as the distribution of food, their receipt by direct consumers.
This article reviews the formation and development of food production factors. It was determined that their use in food production was extremely unsatisfactory in terms of fulfilling the tasks of providing the population with the necessary food. The common cause of their inefficient functioning (in particular, scientific and technological progress) is the destructive development of the individual qualities of the human personality in the Soviet Union. It was the result of the first violent attacks on the freedom and life of the population of the Soviet Union by the totalitarian regime, and then the forced narrowing of the ways of developing human talents to the “Soviet man” stamp. As for the food supply system of the population, it also contributed to the development of the human personality of the citizens of the Soviet Union. The limited assortment and the deficit that has generated long lines for food both have adversely affected the population of the USSR as a whole.
agricultural in the Soviet Union, food providing in the Soviet Union, development of the food supply system in the Soviet Union, quantity of produced food in the Soviet Union, population needs of food in the Soviet Union, planned economy, standard of living in the Soviet Union, Soviet Union economy.
- Konstytutsiia Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254к/96-вр#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Hospodarskyi kodeks Ukrainy [Economic Code of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/436-15#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Bilorus O. H. (2016). Ekonomichna hlobalistyka. Svit-systema hlobalizmu [Economic globalism. The world system of globalism]. Kyiv , University of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Hrytsenko A. A. (2017). Arkhitektonika ekonomichnoi bezpeky [Architectonics of economic security]. Kyiv, Іnstitute of the Economy and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Minochkina O. M. (2017). Transformatsiia instytutu vlasnosti yak osnova reformuvannia natsionalnoi ekonomiky [Transformation of the property institution as a basis for reforming the national economy]. Kyiv, ArtEk Publishing House LLC [in Ukrainian].
- Zhukov V. I. (Ed.). (2005). Property in the system of socio-economic relations: Theoretical, methodological and institutional aspects. Moscow, Russian State Social University. 408 p. [in Russian].
- Zinchenko V. V. (2015). Institutional tendencies of globalization and anti-liberal models of social and economic development. Philosophical and cultural journal TOPOS, 2-3, рр. 62-83 [in Russian].
- Habermas Yu. (2000). Strukturni peretvorennia u sferi vidkrytosti: doslidzhennia katehorii hromadianske suspilstvo [Structural transformations in the field of openness: a study of the category of civil society]. Lviv, Litopys [in Ukrainian].
- Minochkina O. M. (2016). Mekhanizmy formuvannia sotsialnoho kapitalu v systemi vlasnosti [Mechanisms of formation of social capital in the property system]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu – Economic Herald of the Donbas, 3 (45), рр. 58–73 [in Ukrainian].
- Gritsenko A. (2014). Institutional political economy: subject, methodology, content. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing [in Russian].
- Zinchenko V. V. (2014). Institutional global transformations in the system of socio-economic processes of self-government and self-organization. Research publications. Ser. “Development and modernization of society”, 14 (18), рр. 37-62 [in Russian].
Full Text (.pdf)