International Assistance for Reconstruction of Donetsk Region
V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv
Bezzubko Yu. I. (2020). International Assistance for Reconstruction of Donetsk Region. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (39), рр. 186-189. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.2(39).186-189
International technical assistance helps to solve the current problems of countries. International Technical Assistance (ITA) is aimed at rebuilding the Donetsk region due to the effects of the military conflict. However, in modern conditions, there is an insufficient elaboration of both theoretical and practical issues of international assistance in Ukraine. The purpose of the article is to characterize the provision of international technical assistance in the reconstruction of the Donetsk region. Information on the ITA (2016-2019) was analyzed. The main directions of the ITA were identified: receiving humanitarian assistance; support for the development of entrepreneurship, development of education, restoration of the infrastructure of medical and educational institutions.
The study identified problems with the provision and using of ITA: the imperfection of strategic planning of ITA revenues; coordination of activities between donors and ITA recipients; inconsistency of the ITA with the tasks, strategies, priorities of socio-economic development of Ukraine and the tasks of sustainable development of the country; lack of a regulatory mechanism for obtaining and using ITA; effective monitoring and evaluation of the use of ITA; transparency in the use of ITA; consistency in work on MTD projects; inefficient use of MTD funds. External and internal factors to increase the efficiency of ITA using were identified. The following recommendations were proposed: international technical assistance should be provided on the basis of:
1. Coordination: with national, regional and local strategies; priorities and tasks of reconstruction of the Donetsk region from the consequences of the military conflict; activities of ITA donors and recipients in the processes of project preparation, control and monitoring of ITA implementation.
2. Improvement of: ITA management methods (planning, budgeting, control and monitoring processes, calculation of efficiency from ITA using); a regulatory framework for the implementation of the ITA (adoption of the Law of Ukraine «On International Technical Assistance»).
3. Taking into account the state budget of Ukraine the resources of the international technical assistance.
4. Implementation of the mechanism of co-financing of ITA and recovery programs..
international technical assistance. socio-economic development, recovery, Donetsk region.
- Bezzubko B.I., Bezzubko Yu. I. (2020). Mizhnarodna tekhnichna dopomoha dlia Ukrainy [International technical assistance for Ukraine.]. Halytskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk – Galician Economic Bulletin, 3, рр. 210-216 [in Ukrainian].
- Antoniuk K. I., Antoniuk D. A., Bukharinoi L. M., Shyshkina V. O. (2019). Dualizm mizhnarodnoi tekhnichnoi dopomohy v konteksti sotsialnoho, finansovo-ekonomichnoho rozvytku ta bezpeky spozhyvannia v Ukraini [Dualism of international technical assistance in the context of social, financial and economic development and consumer security in Ukraine]. Finansovo-kredytna diialnist: problemy teorii ta praktyky – Financial and credit activities: problems of theory and practice, Vol. 1, No. 28, рр. 462-471 [in Ukrainian].
- Stratehiia rozvytku Donetskoi oblasti na period do 2027 roku [Development strategy of Donetsk region for the period up to 2027]. Retrieved from https://dn.gov.ua/ua/projects/strategiya-rozvitku-doneckoyi-oblasti-na-period-do-2027-roku [in Ukrainian].
- Informatsiia shchodo mizhnarodnoi tekhnichnoi dopomohy, shcho nadaietsia Ukraini za rezultatamy provedenoho Minekonomrozvytku monitorynhu proektiv za 2018 rik [Information on international technical assistance provided to Ukraine based on the results of the Ministry of Economic Development project monitoring for 2018]. (2019). Kyiv, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- V OON zasnuvaly Obiednanyi fond humanitarnoi dopomohy Ukraini [The United Nations has established a Joint Fund for Humanitarian Aid to Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://hromadske.ua/posts/v-oon-zasnuvali-obyednanij-fond-gumanitarnoyi-dopomogi-ukrayini [in Ukrainian].
- Mizhnarodni partnery profinansuvaly 150 hrantovykh proektiv na Donechchyni Holos Ukrainy vid 30.03.2020 r. [International partners financed 150 grant projects in Donetsk Voice of Ukraine from March 30, 2020]. Retrieved from http://www.golos.com.ua/news/111458 [in Ukrainian].
- Ministerstvo z pytan reintehratsii tymchasovo okupovanykh terytorii Ukrainy [Ministry of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://portal.mtot.gov.ua/ua/zvit [in Ukrainian].
- Kisterskyi L. L., Lypova T. V. (2010). Mizhnarodna tekhnichna dopomoha: shliakhy pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti [International technical assistance: ways to increase efficiency]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Bratko I. V. (2011). Pravove rehuliuvannia mizhnarodnoi tekhnichnoi dopomohy: stan, tendentsii ta perspektyvy rozvytku [Legal regulation of international technical assistance: status, trends and prospects of development]. Odesa, Feniks [in Ukrainian].
Full Text .pdf