Banking Interest and Discount Policy as a Tool for Monetary Regulation of Price Stability
Phd in Economic Sciences, Assistent
Donbass State Engineering Academy, Kramatorsk
Donbass State Engineering Academy, Kramatorsk.
Simakov K. І., Fedorenko K. А. (2020). Banking Interest and Discount Policy as a Tool for Monetary Regulation of Price Stability. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (39), рр. 152-157. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.2(39).152-157
The article examines the current state and prospects and directions of development of the bank’s monetary policy. An important problem of financial management in today’s market conditions is an effective monetary policy that links the required volumes of banking product with the acceptable overall level of rates and the relative value of the net interest spread and margin. Equilibrium monetary policy combines the rates of borrowed and placed funds with the strategic objectives of the development of banking institutions, maintaining their profitability and financial stability. The essence of the interest rate policy of NBU and commercial banks, its impact on the banking system as a whole is considered. The main goal of the interest rate policy are determined, the external and internal factors that shape it are considered. The basic principles on wich the interest rate policy of the bank is based and the stages of its formation are studied. The dynamics of the discount rate of the NBU for 2008-2019 is analyzed. It is established that the competitiveness and stability of the bank depends on a well-developed inrest rate policy, as a result of which the impact of interest rate risk extends to the financial results of the bank. The amount of interest also contributes to more efficient use of business entities’ own funds, because, keeping them in the bank on a current or deposit account, they have the opportunity to receive additional income.
NBU discount rate, refinancing rate, exchange rate, consumer price index, interest rate policy, credit policy.
- Pro osnovy protsentnoi polityky Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy: Postanova Pravlinnia Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy vid 21.04.2016 za № 277 [On the basics of interest rate policy of the National Bank of Ukraine: Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of Ukraine of April 21, 2016 for № 277]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0277500-16 [in Ukrainian].
- Somyk A. V. (2014). Pravyla ta tendentsii realizatsii suchasnoi protsentnoi polityky tsentralnykh bankiv [Somyk AV Rules and trends in the implementation of modern interest rate policy of central banks]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 10, рр. 1-5 [in Ukrainian].
- Lahutin V. D. (2002). Kredytuvannia: teoriia i praktyka [Lending: theory and practice]. Kyiv, Znannia [in Ukrainian].
- Sharynska O. (2005). Oblikova polityka yak instrument hroshovo-kredytnoho rehuliuvannia tsinovoi stabilnosti [Accounting policy as a tool of monetary regulation of price stability]. Visnyk Ukrainskoi akademii bankivskoi spravy – Bulletin of the Ukrainian Academy of Banking, 1, рр. 13-21 [in Ukrainian].
- Serdiuk L. V. (2015). Efektyvnist protsentnoi polityky Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy za period 2008-2014 rokiv [Efficiency of interest rate policy of the National Bank of Ukraine for the period 2008-2014]. Molodyi vchenyi – Young scientist, 1, рр. 69-73 [in Ukrainian].
- Natsionalnyi bank Ukrainy. Ofitsiinyi sait [National Bank of Ukraine. Official site]. Retrieved from https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=123671 [in Ukrainian].
- Babych S. V. (2015). Instrumentarii rehuliuvannia hroshovo-kredytnoho rynku Ukrainy [Tools for regulating the money market of Ukraine]. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. N. Karazina – Bulletin of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, 89. Retrieved from http://periodicals.karazin.ua/economy/article/download/…/4933 [in Ukrainian].
- Somyk A. V. (2014). Perspektyvy udoskonalennia protsentnoi polityky Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy [Prospects for improving the interest rate policy of the National Bank of Ukraine]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Effective Economics, 11 [in Ukrainian].
- Rybak O. M., Vasylenko V. V. (2016). Doslidzhennia problem rynku depozytiv Ukrainy [Research of deposit market problems of Ukraine]. Finansy: teoriia i praktyka – Finance: theory and practice. Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference [in Ukrainian].
- Rabyko I. N. (2018). Metodika otsenki upravleniya strategicheskim riskom banka [Methodology for assessing strategic risk management of a bank]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu – Economic Herald of the Donbas, 2 (52), рр. 84–88 [in Russian].
Full Text .pdf