Intelligent Industries of Ukraine: Major Players and Trends in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Doctor in Economic Sciences, Professor
Institute of Industrial Economics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv;
Phd in Economic Sciences
Institute of Industrial Economics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv
Bryukhovetskaya N. Ye., Ivanenko L. V. (2020). Intelligent Industries of Ukraine: Major Players and Trends in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (39), рр. 3-8. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.2(39).3-8
The results of a study of the current state and development trends of domestic enterprises-manufacturers of pharmaceutical products and drugs, the relevance of which is due to the need for scientific and methodological support of digital transformation of business models of enterprises in the real sector of the Ukrainian economy, are presented. In the context of aggravated competition, the need to create conditions for the development of the domestic pharmaceutical industry is characterized by specific innovative processes, a complex structure, a large number of high-tech jobs, high investment attractiveness, is an essential condition for improving the quality and competitiveness of pharmaceutical products in the domestic market, intellectualization of enterprises. The purpose of the article is to establish trends in the development of pharmaceutical enterprises to further determine the methods of functioning and development of intellectualized industries in Ukraine.
It has been determined that during crisis periods, the dynamics of industrial production of enterprises with a high level of intellectualization is characterized by relative stability against the background of a general decline in business activity. The influence of changes in the direction of global trends in the development of the world pharmaceutical market on the domestic pharmaceutical industry has been established: a double-digit growth trend in sales of prescription drugs (double-digit growth) persists due to the implementation of the reimbursement mechanism, as well as an increase in hospital purchases. Maintaining the market growth trend and the corresponding prolongation of state programs such as “Affordable Medicines” contributes to an increase in demand in the domestic market, which can become a stimulating factor for the further development of domestic pharmaceutical manufacturers – the growth of their business, innovation and investment activity.
The analysis indicates a high level of resilience of the pharmaceutical industry and the enterprises that form it to crisis influences, optimistic expectations regarding further moderate growth in the industry, potential growth in the investment attractiveness of domestic enterprises and their high adaptability to transformations of the business model towards its further digitalization and intellectualization. .
intellectualized Industries, pharmaceutical industry trends, major industry players, government support instruments.
- Vyshnevskyi V. P., Yehorov I. Yu., Liashenko V. I., Antoniuk V. P., Kniaziev S. I., Pidorycheva I. Yu., Kovchuha L. I. (2018). Do pytannia pro stratehiiu innovatsiinoho rozvytku Ukrainy abo yakoiu maie buty stratehiia innovatsiinoho rozvytku Ukrainy [On the question of the strategy of innovative development of Ukraine or what there must be a strategy for Ukraine’s innovative development]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy – Herald of the Economic Sciences of Ukraine, 2 (35), рр. 183–198 [in Ukrainian].
- Kendyukhov O. V., Bolhov V. Ye., Tarapata S. O. (2019). Research of innovation development trends of Ukraine economy. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), рр. 82-87. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).82-87 [in Ukrainian].
- Makohon Yu. V. (2019). Vnutrishnii rynok metalurhii Ukrainy ta kontsentratsiia pidpryiemstv tsiiei haluzi [Domestic Market of Metallurgy of Ukraine and the Concentration of Enterprises of this Industry]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (36), рр. 68-75 [in Ukrainian].
- Liashenko V. I., Soldak M. O. (2018). Modernizatsiia promyslovosti rehioniv v konteksti terytorialnoi ta funktsionalnoi detsentralizatsii [Regional Industry Modernization in the Context of Territorial and Functional decentralization]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy – Herald of the Economic Sciences of Ukraine, 2 (35), рр. 120-129 [in Ukrainian].
- Paderin I. D., Zhad’ko K. S., Goryashchenko Yu. G. (2018). Teoretiko-metodologicheskiye osnovy intellektual’nogo biznesa [Тheoretical and methodological foundations of intellectual business]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy – Herald of the Economic Sciences of Ukraine, 1 (34), рр. 110-117 [in Russian].
- Briukhovetska N. Yu., Bulieiev I. P. (2019). Resursy i mekhanizmy investytsiino-innovatsiinoho rozvytku promyslovykh pidpryiemstv Ukrainy [Resources and Mechanisms for Investment and Innovation Development of Ukrainian Industrial Enterprises]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy – Herald of the Economic Sciences of Ukraine, 1 (36), рр. 11-25 [in Ukrainian].
- Perederii T. S. (2019). Strategy of digital security of enterprise as a driver digital transformation of economic Ukraine. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), рр. 201-204. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).201-204 [in Ukrainian].
- Mishura V. B., Volodchenko V. V. (2019). Prospects for the development of IT-clusters in Ukraine on the basis of venture financing. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), рр. 190-195. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).190-195 [in Ukrainian].
- Prognymak O. D. (2020). Neo-industrial future of Ukraine: expectations vs obstacles. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 16-26. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).16-26 [in Ukrainian].
- COVID-19 and the world economy: can’t it be saved? Analytical review. Kreston GCG. Retrieved from https://kreston-gcg.com/wp-content/uploads //2020/04/ Obzor-Posledstviya-pandemii.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Pharmacists on the front lines. Special project “Pharma – the industry of innovations”. Economic truth. May 7, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.epravda.com.ua/rus/projects/farmak/2020/05/7/660199/ [in Russian].
- International trade in medicinal and pharmaceutical products. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.phptitle=International_trade_in_medicinal_and_pharmaceutical_products&oldid=457953#Increasing_share_in_total_trade
- EvaluatePharma World Preview 2018, Outlook to 2024. Retrieved from https://www.evaluate.com/thought-leadership/pharma/evaluatepharma-world-preview-2018-outlook-2024#download
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Ukrainian pharmaceutical congress 2020. Retrieved from https://www.legalalliance.com.ua/rus/meropriatia/ukrainian-pharmaceutical-congress-2020/
Full Text .pdf