Decentralization in Ukraine: Problems, Ways to Solve them
Doctor of Economic Sciences
Donetsk National Technical University, Pokrovsk
Deich M. Ye. (2020). Decentralization in Ukraine: Problems, Ways to Solve them. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 66-72. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).66-72
Decentralization that began in 2014 had positively to influence on economic development of country, corresponding reforms – to envisage the redistribution of plenary powers and functions between a center and local authorities, change of administrative-territorial device. But all questions are decided not, but some are even not clearly regulated, that is why this problem is actual, needs certain researches and stipulates the necessity of development and introduction of urgent anti-crisis events, including corresponding suggestions in relation to continuation of decentralization of power taking into account world experience. There are certain problems that brake decentralization. In particular, the actual is remained by a skilled problem, also extremely need to modernisation of industry of country in the conditions of decentralization of power. Decentralization of public management remains actual in Europe and to this time. Lately the reforms sent to the further redistribution of state plenary powers in already decentralizing countries are conducted in European Union. Europe now balances between decentralization and recentralization. In recent year scientists began to pay attention organization of public power in the countries of Asia, especially in those countries that showed successes with the economic development. A basic accent in alteration of economy of these countries was done not on decentralization of power, but on: industrialization on the basis of the newest scientific and technical achievements with an orientation to the foreign market, general availability and high level of education in a country and maximal use of foreign capital. Ukraine on the second stage of decentralization needs to take into account not only experience of Europe but also countries of Asia, also it follows to define optimal distribution of plenary powers between the branches of power for maximally effective work of organs of local self-government in relation to socio-economic development of territories. Local and regional authorities must be attracted in the process of making decision as an equal in rights partner for the achievement of consensus and providing of quality standard of living of their habitants.
decentralization, public management, plenary powers, organs of local self-government.
- Valovyi vnutrishnii produkt u IV kv. 2019 roku [Gross domestic product in IV quarter 2019]. Retrieved from https://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/List?lang=uk-UA&id=62459016-a04f-41fc-9eeb-10de5d40d981&tag= ValoviiVnutrishniiProdukt [in Ukrainian].
- Otsinka zovnishnoi finansovoi vrazlyvosti Ukrayiny stanom na 01.01.2020 ta destabilizatsiini tendentsii I kvartalu 2020 roku [Assessment of Ukraine’s external financial vulnerability as of 01.01.2020 and destabilizing tendencies of the 1st quarter of 2020]. Retrieved from https://growford.org.ua/publications/ocinka-zovnisnoi-fi nansovoi-vrazlivosti-ukraini-stanom-na-01012020-ta-desta bilizacijni-tendencii-i-kvartalu-2020-roku [in Ukrainian].
- Detsentralizatsiia dae mozhlyvosti [Decentralization provides opportunities]. Retrieved from https://decentralization.gov.ua/about [in Ukrainian].
- Bolotina Ye.V., Shyrkova A.D. (2019). Transformatsiia modeli administratyvno-derzhavnoho upravlinnia [Transformatsiya modeli administratyvno-derzhavnoho upravlinnya]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu, 1 (55), рр. 118-123. doi: https://doi.org/10.12958/1817-3772-2019-1(55)-118-123 [in Ukrainian].
- Lyashenko V.I., Soldak M.O. (2018). Modernizatsiia promyslovosti rehioniv v konteksti terytorialnoi ta funktsionalnoi detsentralizatsii [Modernization of the Industry of the Regions in the Context of Territorial and Functional Decentralization]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrayiny, № 2, рр. 120–129 [in Ukrainian].
- Velychko V.O. (2015). Yevropeyskyi dosvid orhanizatsii mistsevoho samovriaduvannya ta mozhlyvosti yoho zastosuvannia v Ukrayini [European experience of local self-government organization and its application in Ukraine]. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V.N. Karazina. Seriia «Pravo», Issue 20, рр. 59–64 [in Ukrainian].
- Multi-level Governance Reforms – Overview of OECD Country Experiences 2017 / OECD Multilevel Governance Studies. Retrieved from http://www. keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Management/oecd/governan ce/multi-level -governance-reforms
- Decentralization at a crossroads. Territorial reforms in Europe in times of crisis. / Council of European Municipalities and Regions. Retrieved from https://www.ccre.org/img/uploads/piecesjointe/filename/CCRE_broch_EN_complete_low.pdf
Full Text .pdf