National digital platform: prospects for creation in Ukraine
Corresponding Member of the AES of Ukraine, Phd in Economic Sciences
Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Vyshnevskyi O. S. (2020). National digital platform: prospects for creation in Ukraine. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 219-223. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).219-223
In recent decades, the deepening of digitalization processes continues, which are largely based on the development of digital platforms and the expansion of their penetration into the socio-economic sphere. Although large digital platforms, sometimes uniting billions of users, play a special role, until a separate class has emerged – national digital platforms. Therefore, the purpose of the robot is to justify the prospects of creating a national digital platform in Ukraine. In the framework of the study, the national digital platform is defined as a single set of registers of legal entities and individuals, public authorities and public services, algorithms for their interaction and storage, registries and transactions carried out between them, which operates online and is owned by the state.
Among the problems associated with the creation and operation of big digital platforms, the following were highlighted: the need for significant initial investment to create a big digital platform; digital dictatorship (both from the state and society); monopolization and restriction of real competition due to the scale of the digital platform; security of data storage (primarily personal); using confidential data to gain competitive advantage and additional income; discrimination of platform users; general access to the Internet for individuals and legal entities, as well as government bodies. These problems are not critical for the formation of a nationwide digital platform in Ukraine. The main problem is the lack of social Internet and devices that provide Internet access for the entire population. Therefore, among the main tasks, the solution of which provides for creating a national digital platform in Ukraine, the following are identified: connection of the entire population to the Internet; providing the entire population with Internet access devices; ensuring a sufficient level of digital literacy for the entire population of the country.
digitalization, national digital platform, Ukraine.
- Aalst, W., Hinz, O., Weinhardt, C. (2019). Big Digital Platforms: Growth, Impact, and Challenges. Business & Information Systems Engineering, Vol, 61, pp. 645-648. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12599-019-00618-y
- Hein, A., Weking, J., Schreieck, M., Wiesche, M., Böhm, M., Krcmar, H. (2019). Value co-creation practices in business-to-business platform ecosystems. Electronic Markets. 29:503–518. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12525-019-00337-y.
- Ilsøe A., Larsen T. (2020). Digital platforms at work: champagne or cocktail of risks? The Impact of the Sharing Economy on Business and Society. Digital Transformation and the Rise of Platform Businesses. London and New York, Routledge. pp. 1-21. doi: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429293207-2
- Reuver, M., Sørensen, C., Basole, R. (2017). The digital platform: a research agenda. Journal of Information Technology. doi: https://doi.org/10.1057/s41265-016-0033-3
- Strømmen-Bakhtiar, A., Vinogradov, E. (Ed.). (2020). The Impact of the Sharing Economy on Business and Society. Digital Transformation and the Rise of Platform Businesses, 1st Edition. London and New York, Routledge. 110 p.
- Törnberg, P., Uitermark, J. (2020). Complex Control and the Governmentality of Digital Platforms. Front. Sustain. Cities. Vol. 2, No 6. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/frsc.2020.00006
- Vyshnevskyi, О. (2019). Unity of digital and virtual economies within concept of dataism. Virtual Economics, 2(3), 7-21. https://doi.org/10.34021/ve.2019.02.03(1).
- Gribanov, Yu. I. (2018). Osnovnye modeli sozdaniya otraslevykh tsifrovykh platform [The main models for creating industry-specific digital platforms]. Issues of innovative economics, Vol. 8, No 2, pp. 223-234. doi: https://doi.org/10.18334/vinec.8.2.39176 [in Russian].
- Zaramensky, E.P. (2018). Tsifrovye platformy kak sredstvo agregatsii, proizvodstva i predostavleniya tsifrovykh tovarov i uslug [Digital platforms as a means of aggregation, production and provision of digital goods and services]. Vestnik RosNOU. Management of complex systems, Issue 3, pp. 105-112 [in Russian].
- Ivanov, S.V., Vyshnevskyi, O.S. (2017). Elektronnye platformy kak instrument modernizatsii ekonomiki Ukrainy [Electronic platforms as a tool for modernizing the Ukrainian economy]. Herald of the economic sciences of Ukraine, 1 (32), 47-53 [in Russian].
- Lyashenko, V.I., Vyshnevskyi, O.S. (2018). Cyfrova modernizacija ekonomiky Ukrajiny jak mozhlyvistj proryvnogho rozvytku [Digital modernization of the Ukrainian economy as an opportunity for breakthrough development]. Kyiv, Institute of the Economy of Industry of the NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Fedorova, T. (2019). Tsifrovye biznes-modeli: tsifrovye platformy, raznovidnosti i funktsii [Digital bussiness models: digital platforms, tipes and functions]. Znanstvena misel journal, 33, рр. 28-33 [in Russian].
- Facebook Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results. (2020, January 29). Menlo Park: Facebook, Inc. (Nasdaq: FB). 8 p.
- Ministry and Committee for Digital Transformation of Ukraine (2019). Cili do 2024 roku [Goals by 2024]. Retrieved from https://thedigital.gov.ua/ministry (accessed 15.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
- Ministry and Committee for Digital Transformation of Ukraine (2019) Plan roboty Ministerstva cyfrovoji transformaciji na 2020 rik [Plan of work of the Ministry of Digital Transformation for 2020]. Retrieved from https://thedigital.gov.ua/storage/uploads/files/page/ministry/План_роботи_Мінцифри_на_2020_рік.pdf (accessed 15.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
- EGOV (2020). Usi servisy Ukrajiny [All services of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://egov.in.ua/?fbclid= IwAR1lx6rrt36fmhWoiy0wEkkvONrjrV90PM9PYU3hJeVh2bC13whxAQtTipw (accessed 08.04.2020) [in Ukrainian].
Full Text .pdf