Theoretical Foundations of the Aviation Industry Strategic Safety Management in the Context of Ensuring Sustainable Development of the National Economy
Phd in Economic Sciences
National Aviation University, Kyiv;
Doctor of Economic Sciences
Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Bugayko D. О., Kharazishvili Y. M. (2020). Theoretical foundations of the aviation industry strategic safety management in the context of ensuring sustainable development of the national economy. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 166-175. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).166-175
The aviation industry is an open type system, which is affected by a wide range of technical, natural, human and economic threats. In the same time, aviation is a generator of significant environmental threats. Therefore, we cannot imagine the aviation industry aside from seeking answers to contemporary global challenges. The aim of the article is to determine the theoretical foundations of strategic safety management of the aviation industry in order to develop effective tools for ensuring sustainable development of the national economy. Aviation safety is an important component of the concept of general national security, personal security, public safety and transport safety against external and internal threats. For strategic safety management of the aviation industry in the context of sustainable development of the national economy, a structural and functional scheme of an integrated threat identification and neutralization system, proactive risk management in solving the problems of ensuring aviation safety, safe connection of people and business and environmental safety has been developed. To identify and strategize the safety level of the aviation industry, timely identify and neutralize threats and manage risks, the modern methodology of the IES of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine is chosen. Methodology is based on the applied theory of systems, control theory, economic cybernetics and allows you to obtain the dynamics of integral indices of the aviation industry safety components, which can serve the best indicator of the effectiveness of safety measures. Instead of classical forecasting methods for strategic scenarios of the aviation industry, using the principle of “the past determines the future”, it is proposed to use adaptive methods of regulating control theory based on the principles of “the future is determined by the path to the future”.
aviation industry, strategic management, flight safety, sustainable development, national economy, threats, risks.
- Resolution adopted by the General Assembly (UN) on 25 September 2015 A/RES/70/1. Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Nikolaiev К., Isaienko V., Karaieva N., Levchenko L. (2017). Emerging risks for sustainable development. Paradygmat zrównoważonego rozwoju w świecie nieprzewidywalnych przemian: monografia. Lwowski Uniwersytet Narodowy im. Iwana Franki, Lwów Olsztyn.
- Kharazishvili Yu.M. (2019). Systemna bezpeka staloho rozvytku: instrumentarii otsinky, rezervy ta stratehichni stsenarii realizatsii [S ystem security of sustainable development: assessment tools, reserves and strategic implementation scenarios]. Kyiv, ІІЕ of NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Global Aviation Safety Plan for 2020-2022. ICAO. 137 р.
- Convention on International Civil Aviation (Doc 7300). 9th edition. 114 р.
- The Safety Management Manual (SMM) (Doc 9859). (2019). 4th edition. Montreal, ICAO.
- Annex 19 to the Convention on the International Civil Aviation Organization. Safety Management.
- Global Air Navigation Plan (Doc 9750). (2016). 5th edition. Montreal ICAO. 142 р.
- Aviation Benefits Report 2019, ICAO (Report based on material of ACI, CANSO, IATA, ICAO, ICCAIA, ATAG).
- The European Aviation Safety Programme, EASA, the Member States, the European Commission, the Performance Review Body and Eurocontrol 2011.
- EPAS 2016-2020, EASA 2016-10-17. 5th edition.
- ECAC Doc 30. Part I – Facilitation (ECAC, current edition).
- ECAC Doc 30. Part II – Security (ECAC, current edition).
- EUROCONTROL Long-Term Forecast Flight Movements 2008-2030.
- Boeing Commercial Market Outlook 2019–2038.
- Airbus Global Market Forecast/ Cities, Airorts&Aircraft, 2019–2038.
- Isaienko V., Kharchenko V., Bugayko D., Paweska M. (2018). Challenges of International Science and Education in the Field of Aviation Transport Safety. Logistics and Transport. 2(38), рр. 23-32. Wroclaw, International School of Logistics and Transport in Wroclaw.
- Bugayko D., Isaienko V., Lischinskiy O., Soklova N., Zamiar Z. (2019). Analysis of the aviation safety system by fractal and statistical tools. Logistics and Transport, 4(44), рр. 41-60. Wroclaw:, International School of Logistics and Transport in Wroclaw.
- Kharchenko V., Bugayko D., Paweska M., Antonova A., Grigorak M. (2017). Theoretical Approaches for Safety Levels Measurements – Sequential Probability Ratio Test (SPRT). Logistics and Transport, 2(34), рр. 25-31. Wroclaw, International School of Logistics and Transport in Wroclaw.
- Pro natsionalnu bezpeku Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy vid 21.06.2018 r. № 2469-VIII [On the national security of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine of June 21, 2018 № 2469-VIII]. (2018). Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy, 31, Art. 241. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2469-19 [in Ukrainian].
Full Text .pdf