Social Security Risk Management as a Factor in the Sustainable Development of the Industrial Economy
Phd in Economic Sciences
Private institution of higher education “International European University”, Kiev;
Doctor of Economic Sciences, professor
Odesa Trade and Economic Institute;
Phd in Economic Sciences
Private institution of higher education “International European University”, Kiev
Mikhno I. S., Koval V. V., Navolokina A. S. (2020). Social Security Risk Management as a Factor in the Sustainable Development of the Industrial Economy. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 148-153. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).148-153
The current conditions of instability and the need for constant adjustment of economic development strategies have led to an increase in the likelihood of unpredictable results that can adversely affect the enterprise. In this regard, situations arise that can cause losses and create unforeseen dangers. The social sphere, constitutes the country’s labor potential in Ukraine, is one of the least protected and prone to risk. Activities to ensure social security is an element of a complex system – state policy as a whole and its segment such as ensuring national security, involves the development of measures and the implementation of actions aimed at ensuring and protecting the rights of individuals and social groups. The article analyzes the possible risks in the heavy industry that may violate social security, gives recommendations, quantitative methods for calculating risks. The current problems in industry (low mobility and the high cost of changing technology) and the influence of external and internal factors that increase the likelihood of negative and emergency situations on effective economic indicators are considered. The current state of social security in Ukraine is analyzed and incentives for the development and implementation of safer technological systems and risk reduction in the industry are identified.
It is revealed that attracting investment in the industry, which will increase the product line, improve product quality and working conditions, transparent use of funds can significantly reduce the risks of changing technologies and cheaper products, and an increase in wages and social guarantees will positively affect the preservation of labor potential countries.
risk management, risk, labor potential, social security, industrial economics.
- Nagoryanskaya N.V. (2006). Fundamentals of the formation of adaptive management of an industrial enterprise. Economics of Construction and Urban Economics, 2 (3), pp. 175-182 [in Russian].
- Jorion P. (2000). Value at Risk: The New Benchmark for Managing Financial Market Risk, McGraw-Hill Trade, N.Y.
- Chapman, C. and Ward, S. (1996) Project Risk Management Processes, Techniques and Insights. John Wiley.
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba Ukrainy z pytan pratsi [State Service of Ukraine for Labor]. (n.d.). dsp.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://dsp.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Zakharenkov V. V., Oleshenko A. M., Panaiotti E. A., Surzhikov D. V. (2007). The study of professional and environmental risks of workers of enterprises of ferrous metallurgy. ECO Bulletin InEkA, (5), pp. 47-49 [in Russian].
- Borghesi A. and Gaudenzi B. (2012). Risk management: how to assess, transfer and communicate critical risks, Milan: Springer Science & Business Media.
- Amosha A.I., Bol’shakov V.I., Minaev A.A., Zaloznova Yu.S., Zbarazskaia L.A., Makogon Yu.V. et al. (2013). Ukrainskaia metallurgiia: sovremennye vyzovy i perspektivy razvitiia [Ukrainian metallurgy: current challenges and development prospects]. Donetsk, IIE of NAS of Ukraine [in Russian].
- Shavaleev D.A., & Abdrakhmanov N. Kh. (2012). Industrial safety management of fuel and energy complex facilities based on risk analysis and monitoring. Network publication “Oil and Gas Business”, (6), pp. 435-441 [in Russian].
- Vasin S.M., Shutov V.S. (2010). Enterprise risk management: a training manual. Moscow, KNORUS [in Russian].
- Zurkan I.M. (2010). Insurance of risks of innovative activity. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Natsionalnoho hirnychoho universytetu, 4, pp. 54-61 [in Ukrainian].
- Pribytkova G.V. (2005). Analysis and risk assessment of manufacturing enterprises in the process of investment design. Bulletin of the Murmansk State Technical University, 8 (2), pp. 300-305. [in Russian].
- Koval V., Mikhno I., Bashinskaya M. (2019). Management of project risks in the investment activity of pre-agricultural enterprises. Central Ukrainian scientific bulletin. Economic sciences, 3 (36), pp. 271-280 [in Ukrainian].
- Mikhno I., Koval V., Kolesnikova K. (2019). State regulation of social capital in the context of social security. Public administration: Improvement and Development, 11. doi: https://doi.org/10.32702/2307-2156-2019.11.38 [in Ukrainian].
- Hutsaliuk O.M. (2017). Teoretyko-metodolohichne zabezpechennia formuvannia mekhanizmu upravlinnia korporatyvnymy intehratsiinymy protsesamy [The theoretical and methodological foun-dation of corporate integration development management mechanism forming]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (33). pp. 28-33 [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanov S.V., Liashenko V.I., Shamileva L.L., Trushkina N.V. (2019). Tendentsii rozvytku transportno-lohistychnoi systemy Prydniprovskoho ekonomichnoho raionu [Development trends of the transport and logistics system of the Prydniprovsky economic region]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), pp. 143-150. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).143-150 [in Ukrainian].
- Makohon Yu.V. (2019). Vnutrishnii rynok metalurhii Ukrainy ta kontsentratsiia pidpryiemstv tsiiei haluzi [Domestic market of metallurgy of Ukraine and the concentration of enterprises of this industry]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (36), pp. 68-75 [in Ukrainian].
Full Text .pdf