Assessment of Socio-Economic Development of Tourism in Ukraine as Important to Management Effectiveness
Academician of the Academy of Economic Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor of Economics sciences
National University “Zaporizhzhya Polytechnic”;
PhD in Pedagogic sciences, professor
National University “Zaporizhzhya Polytechnic”
Shelemetieva T. V., Zaitseva V. М. (2020). Assessment of socio-economic development of tourism in Ukraine as important to management effectiveness. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 103-108. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).103-108
The article substantiates the need to evaluate the socio-economic development of tourism in Ukraine as an important area of management effectiveness. Today, in order to successfully plan and develop tourism in the region, as well as to manage its development, it is necessary to have a clear understanding of the socio-economic importance of tourism. The positive effect of tourism development on the economy of the region is created only if tourism in the region develops comprehensively.
It is noted that in the economy there are many different indicators of evaluation of the efficiency of the tourism sector, which are divided into: global (at the level of economy of the state, region) and local (for enterprises and their departments). The most important indicator of economic efficiency, which reflects the final financial results of the tourism enterprise is the profitability indicator. The calculation of quantitative indicators of tourist activity in the region provides for the calculation and analysis of indicators separately for each city. The aggregate contribution of tourism to the region’s economy includes both direct and indirect contribution. The direct impact of tourism on the economy of the region is the result of the tourist’s spending on the purchase of tourism services and goods. The indirect contribution of tourism to the economy of the region is manifested in the effect of repeating the cost of tourists to buy services and goods at a certain time and place.
The general concept of socio-economic assessment of tourism development of a large tourist center (region) is investigated. It is noted that a comparative assessment of the effectiveness of tourism development should be made taking into account its impact on the economy of the city (region). The concept proposes, as a criterion for the effectiveness of tourism development, to accept the income generated by the socio-economic sphere of the region (city) from tourism activities.
It is substantiated that the development of human resources is an essential element of sustainable development of tourism, as well as the region and society as a whole. Sustainable development of tourism ultimately leads to sustainable development of the entire territory, while protecting nature, culture, social and economic development.
It is noted that the development of tourism services, human resources in the tourism industry is an important factor in the planning and development of human resources in the region and the country as a whole. The stages of the conceptual model of planning and development of human resources in tourism are considered. It is noted that the existing indicators of the efficiency of tourism services development to a small extent reflect the social efficiency of tourism development, and do not take into account the level of human resources development of the industry.
The method of estimation of tourism development is offered, focused on the conceptual model of planning and development of human resources in tourism, by introducing an aggregate indicator – the index of development of human resources of tourism. In order to focus on the practical applicability of this approach, the index of development of human resources in tourism can be calculated on the basis of the following indicators: experience (experience) in tourism; the number of employees in tourism who have tertiary education; number of employees in higher education tourism; income of workers employed in tourism. The methodology made it possible to draw conclusions and develop recommendations for improving the quality standards of training of skilled workers of hotels and tourist companies as an important operational goal of the strategic direction of tourism development “creating an atmosphere of hospitality, improving the quality of municipal and commercial services”.
assessment, indicators, effect, socio-economic development, human resource, tourism.
- Kiptenko V. (2010). Menedzhment turyzmu [Tourism management]. Kyiv, Znannia [in Ukrainian].
- Kvartal’nov V. A. (2002). Tourism [Turizm]. Moscow, Finance and Statistics [in Russian].
- Malska M. P. (2014). Ekonomika turyzmu: teorija i praktyka [Economics of Tourism: Theory and Practice]. Kyiv, Centr uchbovoji literatury [in Ukrainian].
- Stratehiia rozvytku turyzmu ta kurortiv na 2016–2020 roky [Tourism and Resorts Development Strategy for 2016-2020]. Retrieved from https://www.knteu.kiev.ua/file/NjY4NQ==/e1227acdf34bb4a1da39d384139b9d7a.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Rumiantsev A. P., Kovalenko Yu. O. (2003). Mizhnarodna torhivlia posluhamy [International Trade in Services]. Kyiv, Center for basic literature [in Ukrainian].
- Bogolyubov B. C., Orlovskaya V. P. (2005). Jekonomika turizma [Economics of tourism]. Moscow, Academy [in Russian].
- Zorin I. V., Kvartal’nov V. A. (2003). Jenciklopedija turizma [Encyclopedia of Tourism]. Moscow, Finance and Statistics [in Russian].
- Jekonomiko-matematicheskij jenciklopedicheskij slovar’ [Economic and mathematical encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow, Bol’shaja Rossijskaja jenciklopedija, INFRA-M [in Russian].
- Volf R. (2006). Stvorennia ta diialnist turystychnykh informatsii-nykh tsentriv v Ukraini [Creation and operation of tourist information centers in Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Lysikova O. V. (2009). Ustojchivost’ razvitija turizma v uslovijah global’noj nestabil’nosti [Sustainability of tourism development in the conditions of global instability]. Social policy and sociology, no.1, pp. 98–111 [in Russian].
- Rutgajzer V. M. (1975). Resursy razvitija neproizvodstvennoj sfery [Resources for the development of the non-productive sphere]. Moscow, Thought [in Russian].
- Guljaev V. G. (2003). Turizm: jekonomika i social’noe razvitie [Tourism: economics and social development]. Moscow, Finance and Statistics. [in Russian].
- Polova L. V. (2012). Osoblyvosti praktychnoi pidhotovky fakhivtsiv z turyzmu [Features of practical training of specialists in tourism]. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University, no. 4 (239), Part II, pp. 169–175. [in Ukrainian].
- Statystyka zarplat v Ukraini [Salary statistics in Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://www.work.ua/salary/ [in Ukrainian].
Full Text .pdf