Integral Methodology of Estimation of Development of Organizational Culture of Enterprises (according to the results of expert survey)
Pridneprovsk State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Dnipro
Rynkevich N. S. (2019). Integral methodology of estimation of development of organizational culture of enterprises (according to the results of expert survey). Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), рр. 115-120. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).115-120
At present, organizational culture has a leading position in the enterprise management system. The purpose of this study is to improve the methodology for assessing the development of organizational culture of enterprises and its testing on the example of Ukrainian enterprises in the provision of transport, consulting and banking services.
As a result of the research, a questionnaire was made of 24 statements concerning the peculiarities of the organizational culture of enterprises, and on this basis an analysis and evaluation of the organizational culture was carried out. The reliability of the survey results was calculated using the Alpha Cronbach coefficient and XYZ-analysis. The integrated method of estimation of development of organizational culture of the enterprises is offered. The testing of this methodology showed that the surveyed enterprises have an average level of development of organizational culture, since the values of the integral indicators are in the range of 0.5–0.75.
Based on the mentioned above, it is essential to propose priority directions to improve the management of enterprises’ organizational culture development: the application of a customer-oriented approach to the formation of organizational culture, based on the customer focus, complemented by the cross-functional interaction of company human resources in the decision-making process; development and realization: the mechanism of the strategic management of the enterprise organizational culture development; marketing strategy of the enterprise organizational culture development; organizational and economic mechanism for enterprise organizational culture development managing; the complex of measures for the digital transformation of enterprises organizational culture, which includes: use of employee-driven management, that is, an HR oriented approach to management – continuous employees training and skills development halves the time of a new product launching on the market; implementation of HRmaps the next generation modular platform for HR management – a comprehensive solution for the HR processes automation, which consists of 4 modules and the HR portal (personnel assessment; recruitment and adaptation; planning and career; training and development); HR digital upgrade, which is based on the introduction of a digital cloud platform providing a digital format for all personnel processes (up to 90% automation), which allows monitoring and company development.
The practical value of the study is that the proposed methodical approach can be used in the activities of enterprises in assessing the level of development of their organizational culture.
enterprise, organizational culture, Denison’s methodology, integrated estimation methodology, level of development of organizational culture, approbation, profile of organizational culture.
- Simosi M. (2012). The moderating role of self‐efficacy in the organizational culture–training transfer relationship. International Journal of Training and Development, Vol.16 (2), рр. 92-106. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2419.2011.00396.x
- Robbins S.P., Judge T.A. (2012). Organizational Behavior. 15th ed. Prentice Hall. 720 p.
- Pennington L. (2014). Impact of organizational culture on sustainability endeavors: the real story of sustainability. North Ryde: Macquarie University. 452 p.
- Iljins J., Skvarciany V., Gaile-Sarkane E. (2015). Impact of Organizational Culture on Organizational Climate during the Process of Change. 20th International Scientific Conference Economics and Management-2015. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 213, рр. 944-950. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.509
- Androsova O.F. (2017). Istorychni aspekty vynyknennia poniattia «korporatyvna kultura»: sutnist, elementy, vlastyvosti, typy [Historical aspects of the emergence of the concept of “corporate culture”: nature, elements, properties, types]. Intehratsiia osvity, nauky i biznesu – Integration of education, science and business, Vol. 5, рр. 94-101. Zaporizhzhia, Zaporizhzhia National University [in Ukrainian].
- Engert O., Kaetzler B., Kordestani K., MacLean A. (2019). Organizational culture in mergers: Addressing the unseen forces. New York, McKinsey&Company, рр. 1-7.
- Kravchenko V.O. (2015). Orhanizatsiina kultura yak skladova konkurentnykh perevah pidpryiemstva [Organizational culture as a component of competitive advantage of the enterprise]. Naukovyi visnyk Odeskoho natsionalnoho ekonomichnoho universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of the Odessa National Economic University, 8 (228), рр. 70-83 [in Ukrainian].
- Hevko V.L. (2019). Mekhanizm upravlinnia orhanizatsiinoiu kulturoiu pidpryiemstv merezhevykh struktur: systemnyi pidkhid [The mechanism of management of organizational culture of enterprises of network structures: a systematic approach]. Infrastruktura rynku – Market infrastructure, Issue 33, рр. 154-159 [in Ukrainian]. doi: https://doi.org/10.32843/infractruct33-22
- Berger R., Bikkhoff N., Kotler F. (2016). Strategicheskiy menedzhment po Kotleru. Luchshiye priyemy i metody [Strategic Management. The best techniques and methods]. Trans. from english I. Matveeva. Moscow, Alpina Publisher [in Russian].
- Striklend A. Dzh., Piteref M., Gembl Dzh., Tompson A.A. (2016). Strategicheskiy menedzhment. Sozdaniye konkurentnogo preimushchestva [Strategic management. Creating a competitive advantage]. 19th ed. Trans. from english N. Lavskoi, N. Konevskaya. Moscow, Williams [in Russian].
- Androsova O.F. (2019). Mekhanizm formuvannia korporatyvnoi kultury na mashynobudivnykh pidpryiemstvakh Ukrainy ta protsesy yii rozvytku [Mechanism of formation of corporate culture at machine-building enterprises of Ukraine and processes of its development]. Ekonomichnyi prostir – Economic space, Issue 141, рр. 205-212. Dnipro, PSACEA [in Ukrainian]. doi: https://doi.org/10.30838/P.ES.2224.100119.205.358
- Rynkevich N. S. Orhanizatsiina kultura pidpryiemstv: vyklyky, zahrozy ta tendentsii [Organizational culture of enterprises: challenges, threats and trends]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu – Economic Herald of the Donbas, 3(57), рр. 123-136 [in Ukrainian]. doi: https://doi.org/10.12958/1817-3772-2019-3(57)-123-136
- Trushkina N.V., Rynkevych N.S. (2019). Tsyfrova transformatsiia orhanizatsiinoi kultury pidpryiemstv: osoblyvosti, bariery ta draivery. Suchasni protsesy transformatsii u biznesi ta vyrobnytstvi: teoriia, metodolohiia, praktyka (zovnishnoekonomichna diialnist, promyslove vyrobnytstvo ta transport) [The digital transformation of corporate organizational culture: features, barriers and drivers. Modern processes of transformation in business and production: theory, methodology, practice (foreign economic activity, industrial production and transport)] (рр. 340-350). Dnipro, Porohy [in Ukrainian].
- Trushkina N.V., Rynkevich N.S. (2019). Kliyentooriyentirovannost’: osnovnyye podkhody k opredeleniyu [Customer focus: basic approaches to definition]. Business Inform, 8, рр. 244-252 [in Russian]. doi: https://doi.org/10.32983/2222-4459-2019-8-244-252
- Rynkevich N. (2019). Organizational-economic mechanism of management development of organizational culture of enterprises. Organizational-economic mechanism of management innovative development of economic entities: collective monograph in 3 Vol.; Higher School of Social and Economic. Przeworsk:, WSSG, Vol. 3 рр. 119-128.
- Denison D.R. (1984). Bringing corporate culture to the bottom line. Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 13 (2), рр. 4-22.
- Denison D.R. (1990). Corporate culture and organizational effectiveness. New York, John Wiley & Sons. 267 p.
- Denison D., Fey K. (2005). Organizatsionnaya kul’tura i effektivnost’: rossiyskiy kontekst [Organizational Culture and Efficiency: Russian Context]. Voprosy ekonomiki – Economic issues, 4, рр. 15-32 [in Russian].
- Denison D., Khoyshberg R., Leyn N., Lif K. (2013). Izmeneniye korporativnoy kul’tury v organizatsiyakh [Change in corporate culture in organizations]. SPb., Piter [in Russian].
- Hofstede G. (2011). Dimensionalizing Cultures: The Hofstede Model in Context. Online Readingsin Psycology and Culture, Vol. 2 (1), рр. 1-7. https://doi.org/10.9707/2307-0919.1014
- Kameron K., Kuinn R. (2001). Diagnostika i izmeneniye organizatsionnoy kul’tury [Diagnosis and change in organizational culture]. Trans. from english. SPb: Piter [in Russian].
- Thu Trang To. (2014). Issledovaniye organizatsionnoy kul’tury: metodologiya kolichestvennoy otsenki i analiza [The study of organizational culture: methodology for quantitative evaluation and analysis]. Ekonomika. Statistika. Informatika. Vestnik UMO – Economy. Statistics. Computer science. Bulletin of UMO, 2, рр. 130-133 [in Russian].
- To Thu Trang. (2017). Integral’naya metodika issledovaniya organizatsionnoy kul’tury [The integrated methodology of organizational culture investigation]. Naukovedenіe, Vol. 7, No. 1. Retrieved from http://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/115EVN115.pdf [in Russian]. doi: https://doi.org/10.15862/115EVN115
- Cronbach L.J. (1951). Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests. Psychometrika, Vol. 16, рр. 297-334.
- Schmitt N. (1996). Uses and Abuses of Coefficient Alpha. Psychological Assessment, Vol. 8(4), рр. 350-353. doi: https://doi.org/10.1037/1040-35184.108.40.2060
- Golubkov Ye.P. (2010). ABC i XYZ-analiz: provedeniye i otsenka rezul’tativnosti [ABC and XYZ analysis: conducting and evaluating performance]. Marketing v Rossii i za rubezhom – Marketing in Russia and abroad, 3, рр. 12-23 [in Russian].
Full Text (.pdf)