Analysis of Institutional and Evolutionary Aspect of High-tech Sectors Development on Instrument Engineering Example
Phd in Economic Sciences, doctoral student
Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Omelyanenko V. А. (2019). Analysis of institutional and evolutionary aspect of high-tech sectors development on instrument engineering example. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 2 (37), рр. 93-100. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2019.2(37).93-100
The aim of the study is to determine the perspective components of the network strategy for the development of the industry on the basis of an analysis of the theory and practice of instrument engineering development in the conditions of Industry 4.0 and an analysis of trends in instrument engineering. The research methodology is based on evolutionary theory as the direction of a new institutional economy. The institutional-evolutionary approach to security strategies involves considering a set of institutions and the laws of their interaction, ensuring the conversion of resources into real results by effective methods in accordance with the national context and the needs of society. The study proved that the importance of instrument engineering is due to the fact that the expansion of the research base of innovative processes is associated with the use of modern analytical instruments. The main aspects of the role of instrumentation in the economy are determined. It is shown that modern instrument engineering is a high-tech and high-tech industry, widely uses ICT, nanotechnology, microminiaturization, elements of artificial intelligence, etc. From the organizational, economic and institutional point of view, instrument engineering is considered as an intersectoral high-tech complex, which is also a factor in the innovative development of a number of technological industries and the result of their innovation. This fact determines the affiliation of instrument engineering to structure-forming industries, in which new technologies are spreading to other sectors of the economy. For a more detailed analysis of the institutional dynamics of the industry in Ukraine, the main statistical indicators of instrument engineering are considered. It is shown that the prospects of domestic instrument engineering are primarily associated with the production of qualitatively new products and the conquest of the domestic market, whose capacity is several times greater than not only the current export volumes of the sector, but also the entire production in it. It is proved that from a strategic point of view, it is necessary to find new mechanisms for the development of the industry, in particular based on digitalization. Instrument engineering is also considered at the same time as part of the transformation of production and its digitalization, as well as the object of introducing new technologies. Thus, the industry’s prospects are associated with the creation of a digital infrastructure, which is a cross-industry platform that will allow organizing productive interaction of all participants in the innovation process. Appropriate approaches should be implemented as part of institutional strategies both in the development and use of devices as part of a digital smart manufacturing strategy. An analysis of the foreign experience of industry leaders has shown that small and medium-sized enterprises prevail in instrument engineering, despite the presence of large global leaders. It is shown that the activation of the role of small instrument-making enterprises as participants in technological development requires the search for new forms of interaction, among which the network should be highlighted. For the institutional and evolutionary development of instrument engineering, it is proposed to use the features of a traditional cluster and network, focused on the formation of a technological platform.
instrument engineering, strategy, innovation, trends, network, institutions.
- National Security Strategy Formulation (n.d.). csis-prod.s3.amazonaws.com. Retrieved from https://csis-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/publication/171006_CSIS_NationalSecurityStrategyFormulation_FINAL.pdf42zeMDWbvXQ1xJs9OTe64dWZwVMXT.gZ.
- Harmon J. D., Stevens J. H., Swim L. B. (1991). Finance, technology transfer, and national security: A preliminary survey. The Journal of Technology Transfer, Vol. 16. Iss. 3. pp. 38–42.
- A 21st century science, technology, and innovation strategy for America’s national security. Committee on Homeland and National Security of the National Science and Technology Council. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.defenseinnovationmarketplace.mil/resources/National_Security_ST_Strategy_2016_FINAL.PDF
- Panfilov V. S. (2015). Prognozirovanie innovacionnogo mashinostroeniia [Innovative Engineering Forecasting]. Moscow, МАКС Press. 180 p. [in Russian].
- Yakunin А. S. (2013). Aktuanye voprosy razvitiia radiojelektronnoj promyshlennosti [Actual issues of the development of the electronic industry]. Elektronnaia promyshlennost – Electronic industry, 4, pp. 3–14 [in Russian].
- Gribovskiy А. А., Gribovskaya А. А. (2015). Tehnologii bystrogo proizvodstva v priborostroenii [Rapid manufacturing technology in instrumentation]. SPb, ITMO University. 66 p. [in Russian].
- Dobrovska S. V., Ovsiienko L. M. (2018). Doslidzhennia dynamiky publikatsii z mashynobuduvannia ta pryladobuduvannia v naukovykh vydanniakh Ukrainy [Research of the dynamics of publications in mechanical engineering and instrument making in scientific editions of Ukraine]. Nauka Ukrainy u svitovomu informatsiinomu prostori – Science of Ukraine in the world information space, 15, pp. 80–82 [in Ukrainian].
- Pokras O. S., Voitko S. V. (2019). Pytannia rozvytku haluzi pryladobuduvannia v Ukraini v Industrii-4.0 [Issues of instrument industry development in Ukraine in Industry-4.0]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and state, 3, pp. 52–56 [in Ukrainian]. doi: https://doi.org/10.32702/2306-6806.2019.3.52
- Secchi E. (2016). Open Innovation Networks and the Role of Intermediaries: An Agent-Based Simulation. In: Secchi D., Neumann M. (eds.) Agent-Based Simulation of Organizational Behavior. Springer, Cham.
- Zhdanova О., Zasko V. (2011). Formirovanie institucionalnyh uslovij razvitiia nanotehnologij s primeneniem klasternoj modeli [Formation of institutional conditions for the development of nanotechnology using a cluster model]. Ekonomicheskaia polіtika – Economic policy, 5. pp. 168–178 [in Russian].
- Mosto М. (2019). Cifrovye dvojniki otkryvajut novye vozmozhnosti dlja priborostroenija i jelektronnoj promyshlennosti [Digital doubles open up new possibilities for instrumentation and the electronics industry]. Control Engineering. Retrieved from https://controlengrussia.com/innovatsii/novye-vozmozhnosti/ [in Russian].
- Nelson R., Winter S. (1982). An Evolutionary Theory of Economic Change. Cambridge, Harvard Univ. Press.
- Yurin А. N. (2016). K ponjatiiu bezopasnost: kto i kak opredeljaet ugrozu segodnia? [To the concept of security: who defines the threat and how today?] Regional Dialogue. 14.06.2016. Retrieved from http://regional-dialogue.com/ru/security/ [in Russian].
- Dashkovskyi O. A. (2019). Analitychne pryladobuduvannia [Analytical instrumentation]. Encyclopedia of Modern Ukraine. Institute of Encyclopedic Research, NAS of Ukraine. (2019). Retrieved from http://esu.com.ua/search_articles.php?id=44042 [in Ukrainian].
- Za chas nezalezhnosti v Ukraini vydano ponad 117 tys. patentiv na vynakhody [Since independence, over 117,000 patents for inventions have been granted in Ukraine]. unn.com.ua. Retrieved from https://www.unn.com.ua/uk/news/1596463-za-chas-nezalezhnosti-v-ukrayini-vidano-ponad-117-tis-patentiv-na-vinakhodi [in Ukrainian].
- Statystyka, zvity, plany [Statistics, reports, plans]. State Enterprise «Ukrainian Institute of Intellectual Property». 2004–2019. Retrieved from https://ukrpatent.org/uk/articles/statistics [in Ukrainian].
- Stan innovatsiinoi diialnosti ta diialnosti u sferi transferu tekhnolohii v Ukraini u 2018 rotsi: analitychna dovidka [State of Innovation and Technology Transfer Activity in Ukraine in 2018: Analytical Reference]. (2019). Кyiv, UkrINTEI. 80 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Sumarnyi obsiah importu ta eksportu u rozrizi tovarnykh pozytsii za kodamy UKTZED – The total volume of imports and exports by section of commodity items according to the codes of UKTZED. Retrieved from http://sfs.gov.ua/ms/f11 [in Ukrainian].
- Kramar О. (2019). Ne v minori [Not in the minor]. 06.02.2019. Tyzhden – Week. Retrieved from https://m.tyzhden.ua/publication/226048 [in Ukrainian].
- Stan innovatsiinoi diialnosti ta diialnosti u sferi transferu tekhnolohii v Ukraini u 2017 rotsi: analitychna dovidka [State of Innovation and Technology Transfer Activity in Ukraine in 2017: Analytical Reference]. (2018). Кyiv, UkrINTEI. 98 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Piatkovski М. (2004). Vliianie ICT-investiciy na rost proizvoditelnosti truda v stranah s perehodnoj ekonomikoj [The impact of ICT investment on productivity growth in countries with economies in transition]. Vliianie sovremennyh informacionnyh tehnologiy na ekonomicheskij rost v Rossii i stranah Vostochnoy Evropy v 1990-2001 godah – The impact of modern information technology on economic growth in Russia and Eastern Europe in 1990-2001. Moscow, CEMI RAN. 120 p. [in Russian].
- Omelyanenko V. A. (2013). Analiz mozhlyvostei rozvytku haluzevykh ekosystem innovatsii (na prykladi kosmichnoho pryladobuduvannia) [Analysis of opportunities for development of sectoral ecosystems of innovation (on the example of space instrumentation)]. Visnyk Odeskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Ekonomika. – Bulletin of the Odessa National University. Economy, Vol. 18, № 3(2), pp. 167–171 [in Ukrainian].
- Angel Е., Kravchuk V. (2019). Kakaja promyshlennaja politika neobhodima Ukraine dlja perehoda k Industrii 4.0? [What industrial policy does Ukraine need to move to Industry 4.0?]. Zerkalo nedeli – Mirror of the Week. 5.04.2019. Retrieved from https://zn.ua/macrolevel/kakaya-promyshlennaya-politika-neobhodima-ukraine-dlya-perehoda-k-industrii-4-0-313995_.html [in Russian].
- National Security & Innovation Activities: Methodology, Policy and Practice (2018). ed. by O. Prokopenko, V. Omelyanenko, Yu. Ossik. Ruda Śląska: Drukarnia i Studio Graficzne Omnidium. 416 p.
- Prokopenko O. V., Omelyanenko V. A. (2014). Analiz osoblyvostei vykorystannia potentsialu hlobalnoi innovatsiinoi systemy dlia rozvytku pryladobuduvannia [Analysis of the features of using the potential of the global innovation system for instrument development]. Mechanism of Sustainable Development of Economic Systems Formation. Verlag SWG imex GmbH, Nürnberg, Deutschland, Vol. 1, pp. 207–214 [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)