Contemporary Transformations in the Sphere of Higher and Vocational Education in Response to the Needs of the Labour Market
Doctor of Economic Sciences
Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
Antoniuk V. (2019). Contemporary Transformations in the Sphere of Higher and Vocational Education in Response to the Needs of the Labour Market. Visnyk economichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1(36), pp. 3-7.
In the article, on the basis of statistics, the problems of training in higher and vocational education are investigated. A number of problems have been identified, namely, reduction of the volume of training, deformation of the structure of training and its lack of compliance with the needs of the labor market, deterioration in the quality of training. The achievements of the transformation in the field of vocational training started in recent years by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine are systematized. The directions for further improvement of educational activities are determined to ensure sustainable progressive changes in the field of training highly qualified personnel.
higher education, vocational training, transformation of the education system, training, the labor market, highly qualified specialists.
- Oksamytna S., Vynohradov O., Malysh L., Martseniuk T. (2010). Molod Ukrainy: vid osvity do pratsi [The Youth of Ukraine: From Education to Labor]. Kyiv, UPC NaUKMA [in Ukrainian].
- Human Development Reports. n.d.). hdr.undp.org. Retrieved from http://hdr.undp.org/en/2018-update
- The World Bank — STEP. (n.d.). documents. worldbank.org. Retrieved from http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/516741468178736065/STEPskillsmeasurement-surveys-innovative-tools-for-assessing-skills
- Ekonomichna aktyvnist naselennia Ukrainy 2017 [Economic activity of the population of Ukraine in 2017]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/07/zb_EAN_ [in Ukrainian].
- The Most Educated Countries in the World. (2013). edu-Active.com. Retrieved from http://www.eduactive.com/news/2013/sep/21/most-educated-countrieswg2orld.html
- Naukova ta innovatsiina diialnist Ukrainy 2017 [Scientific and innovative activity of Ukraine in 2017]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Sytuatsiia z obladnanniam u zakladakh profosvity zminiuietsia [The situation with equipment in educational institutions is changing]. (n.d.). mon.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://mon.gov.ua/ua/news/ [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)