Development of Domestic Tourism in Ukraine as a Government Object
Phd in Economics, Corresponding Member of the AES of Ukraine
Zaporizhzhya National Technical University
Shelemetieva, T. (2019). Development of Domestic Tourism in Ukraine as a Government Object. Visnyk economichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1(36), pp. 164-168.
The article analyzes the wide opportunities, advantages of development of domestic tourism in Ukraine and its influence on the national economy. Ukraine – a country in the center of Europe has all the prerequisites for proper economic development through tourism. The culture of Ukraine is rich in its historical heritage, as well as natural miracles. The advantages of a favorable geographical location of Ukraine have been used for thousands of years. Ukraine is located in Central and Eastern Europe at the crossroads of important transport routes between states and continents. It borders on many countries and has access to the Black and Azov Seas. Taking into account the extremely high level of natural and socio-economic resources of Ukraine, there is an opportunity and prospects for the development of domestic tourism as a component of tourism activity. The current financial and political crisis in our country, as well as the unstable situation in popular foreign resorts, forces domestic tourists to refuse to travel abroad and thus promote domestic tourist routes and destinations.
It is noted which types of tourism are most popular in the regions of Ukraine on the basis of classification – for the purposes of travels and the needs of tourists. Areas of Ukraine are investigated for priority tourism types. Cultural and cognitive tourism is the priority type of tourism in Ukraine, in the second city – ecological (green) tourism – it is offered in 20 regions of Ukraine, in the third – therapeutic, health, religious, rural and event – they are the priority in 18 regions. It should be noted that today many plans are being developed for the development of the wine industry, gastronomy and wine tourism in Ukraine.
The level of development of domestic tourism in Ukraine is analyzed. The number of domestic tourists serviced by the subjects of tourist activity of Ukraine, starting from 2007, decreases until 2012, in 2017 it is 477 thousand people. Moreover, the number of tourists traveling abroad, on the contrary, increases (in 2017 – 2290 thousand people). The share of domestic tourism in the number of tourists serviced by the subjects of tourism activity from 2007 to 2010 decreased from 75.3% to 28.5%, and in 2017 it was 17%.
The modern problems of development of domestic tourism in Ukraine are determined. to modern problems of development of domestic tourism in Ukraine can be attributed: lack of infrastructure; non-compliance with international standards for the provision of tourism services; seasonality of tourism in Ukraine; the need for improvement of quality and shadowing; the absence of large network hotels; bad roads; lack of buses; problems with rail transport; lack of railway and air transportation of Transcarpathia with other regions of the country; lack of effective state regulation of tourism industry; lack of tourist information; sharp jumps in prices for accommodation during events of event tourism; introduction of a visa-free regime with EU countries.
domestic tourism, current state, problems, prospects, types of tourism, regions.
- Lidery vnutrishnoho turyzmu v Ukraini: infohrafika [Leaders of domestic tourism in Ukraine: infographics]. prm.ua. Retrieved from https://prm.ua/lideri-vnutrishnogo-turizmu-v-ukrayini-infografika/ [in Ukrainian].
- Pro skhvalennia Stratehii rozvytku turyzmu ta kurortiv na period do 2026 roku: Rozporiadzhennia Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy vid 16.03.2017 r. № 168-r [On Approval of the Strategy for the Development of Tourism and Resorts for the period up to 2026: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 16, 2017 No. 168-p]. zakon3.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/168-2017-%D1%80n9 [in Ukrainian].
- Pro skhvalennia Stratehii rozvytku turyzmu ta kurortiv na 2016 — 2020 roky [On approval of the Tourism and Resorts Development Strategy for 2016-2020]. www.knteu. kiev.ua. Retrieved from https://www.knteu.kiev.ua/file/NjY4NQ==/e1227acdf34bb4a1da39d384139b9d7a.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Talalai V.V. (2016). Suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku turystychnoi haluzi v Ukraini [Current state and prospects of development of tourism industry in Ukraine]. Innovatsii ta naukovyi potentsial svitu — Innovations and the scientific potential of the world, (рр. 18—20). Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, March 17 [in Ukrainian].
- Pro turyzm: Zakon Ukrainy [On Tourism: The Law of Ukraine]. tranzit.net.ua. Retrieved from http://tranzit.net.ua/zakon_ua/954-zakon-ukrayini-pro-turizm-15091995-324-95-vr-z-zmnami.html [in Ukrainian].
- Babkin A.V. (2008). Spetsial’nyye vidy turizma [Special types of tourism]. Rostov-on-Don, Phoenix [in Russian].
- Kovalenko O.V. Vnutrishnii turyzm za vydamy yak priorytetnyi napriam rozvytku turystychnoi haluzi Ukrainy [Domestic tourism by species as a priority direction of development of the tourist industry of Ukraine]. (n.d.). tourlib.net. Retrieved from http://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/kovalenko.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Vynno-hastronomichnyi turyzm: obiednannia zusyl zadlia rozvytku [Wine and gastronomic tourism: combining efforts for development]. (n.d.). agro-business.com.ua. Retrieved from http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/infrastruktura-rynku/item/8284-vynno-hastronomichnyi-turyzm-obiednannia-zusyl-zadlia-rozvytku.html [in Ukrainian].
- Turystychna diialnist v Ukraini u 2017 rotsi [Tourist activity in Ukraine in 2017]. ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/05/zb_td_2017.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Turysty v svoii kraini: shcho zavazhaie aktyvnomu rozvytku vnutrishnoho turyzmu v Ukraini [Tourists in their country: that hinders the active development of domestic tourism in Ukraine]. (n.d.). news.finance.ua. Retrieved from https://news.finance.ua/ua/news/-/432933/turystyv-svoyij-krayini-shho-zavazhaye-aktyvnomu-rozvytku-vnutrishnogo-turyzmu-v-ukrayini [in Ukrainian].
- Yurchenko Yu.Yu. (2016). Kontseptualni napriamy rozvytku vnutrishnoho turyzmu v Ukraini [Conceptual directions of development of domestic tourism in Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrainy — Economy of Ukraine, 6, рр. 29—39. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/EkUk_2016_6_4 [in Ukrainian].
- Stoika S.O. (2015). Problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku turystychnoi haluzi Ukrainy v umovakh ekonomichnoi nestabilnosti [Problems and prospects of development of tourism industry of Ukraine in the conditions of economic instability]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid — Investments: practice and experience, 21, рр. 86—90. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ipd__21_20 [in Ukrainian].
- Skliar H.P., Drobysh L.V., Vyshnevetska L.I. (2017). Statystychni pokaznyky rozvytku sfery turyzmu v Ukraini: napriamy udoskonalennia ta harmonizatsiia z mizhnarodnymy standartamy [Statisti-cal indicators of development of tourism in ukraine: directions improvement and harmonization with in-ternational standards]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu — Economic Herald of the Donbas, 2(48), рр. 157—162 [in Ukrainian].
- Siryk A.Ye. (2017). Derzhavne rehuliuvannia rynku turystychnykh posluh Ukrainy [State regulation of tourist services Ukraine]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu — Economic Herald of the Donbas, 2(48), рр. 100—104 [in Ukrainian].
Full Text (.pdf)