Complex Assessment of Innovation Attraction of Industry in the Region: Methodological Object
Phd in Economics, Corresponding Member of the AES of Ukraine
Institute for Market Problems and Economic and Environmental Studies of NAS of Ukraine, Odesa
Topalova, I. (2019). Complex Assessment of Innovation Attraction of Industry in the Region: Methodological Object. Visnyk economichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1(36), pp. 137-142.
Introduction. In modern economic conditions, the transition to building an innovative model of regional development is a priority, since it is innovation that is the source of socio-economic development. This model of development allows to maintain stability of the region’s economy regardless of all external factors, namely: sanctions, geopolitical situation, changes in the world market conditions of commodities, raw materials, services, etc. The construction of an innovation vector for the development of regions of Ukraine sets itself the goal of stimulating innovations for import substitution and modernization of the economy.
Aim and tasks. The purpose of the article is the formalization of methodological approaches to integrated assessment Innovative attractiveness of industries in the region through integrated indicators.
Research results. The article determines the need for further regional innovation development and identifies their “weaknesses”. The concept “innovative attractiveness of the industry” as a generalization characteristic of a certain industry from the point of view of its development prospects, profitability of invested funds and level of financial risks is given. The expediency of using an integrated approach to assessing the innovation attractiveness of industries is substantiated, an information base has been formed to determine the level of this indicator, and a stepwise algorithm for calculating the integral estimation of the innovation appeal of the industry in the region is presented. The results of approbation of this technique on the example of the Odessa region are presented.
Conclusions. One of the tools of innovation regional development support is the use of the method of comprehensive statistical estimation of the innovation attractiveness of the industrial branches of the region, which has different characteristics: it corresponds to the essence of determining the innovation attractiveness of a particular industry, involves a quantitative assessment; based on the two-block system of indicators (specific and nonspecific) and uses information not only from the statistical bodies of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, but also information on program documents, which enables to calculate the integral index of each industry; is based on the index calculation method; has an available algorithm for the calculation model.
As a result of these calculations, we see that the most innovation-attractive among the sub-sectors of the processing industry in the region are: the production of food products, beverages and tobacco products, chemicals and chemical products.
innovative development, innovative attractiveness, industries of processing industry, region, method of integral estimation.
- Burkynskyy, B.V. & Stepanenko, S.F. (2014). Rehionalna promyslova polityka [Regional Industrial Policy]. Visnuk AEN Ukrainy — AES Journal of Ukraine: Sciences, 1, 3-9 [in Ukrainian].
- Vakhovich, I.M. (2007). Finansova politika stalogo rozvitky : metodologia formyvania ta mexanizm realizatsii [Financial policy of sustainable development of the region: methodology of formation and implementation mechanism]. Lutsk : Nadstyrya [in Ukrainian].
- Heets, V. (2014). Ynstytutsyonalnaya obuslovlennost ynnovatsyonnykh protsessov v promyshlennom razvytyy Ukrayny [Institutional Condition of Innovation Processes in the Industrial Development of Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukraini — Economy of Ukraine, 12, 4-19 [in Russian].
- Holovchenko, O.M. (2009). Formuvannya mekhanizmiv stabilnoho rozvytku rehionu [Formation of mechanisms for the stable development of the region]. Odessa: Phoenix [in Ukrainian].
- Dubnytskyy, V.I. & Fedulova S.O. (2016). Paradyhma funktsionuvannya rynkovykh protsesiv v umovakh transformatsyy rehioniv [Paradigm of functioning of market processes in conditions of transformation of regions]. Visnik ekonomihnoi nauki — Bulletin of Economic Science, 1 (30), 45-49 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakharchenko, V.I. Metil, T.K. & Topalova, I.A. (2016). Naukovi osnovy upravlinnya rynkovoyu systemoyu rehionu [Scientific fundamentals of management of the market system of the region]. Odessa: ONPU, Atlanta [in Ukrainian].
- Illyashenko, S.М. & Ilyashenko, N.S. (2016). Perspektyvy i zahrozy chetvertoyi promyslovoyi revolyutsiyi ta yikh urakhuvannya pry vybori stratehiy innovatsiynoho zrostannya [Perspectives and threats of the fourth industrial revolution and their consideration in the choice of strategies for innovation growth]. Marketing I manegment innovatsiy — Marketing and management of innovations, 1, 1121 [in Ukrainian].
- Kolodynskyy, S.B. (2015). Strukturne formuvannya innovatsiynoho potentsialu Odeskoho rehionu [Structural formation of innovative potential of the Odessa region]. Promitey — Prometheus, 1, 28-32 [in Ukrainian].
- Layko, O.I. (2014). Transformatsiyni protsesy v investytsiyniy systemi ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Transformation processes in the investment system of the economy of Ukraine]. Odesa: FOP Grin D.S. [in Ukrainian].
- Umanets, T.V. (2010). Innovatsiyno-investytsiynyy rozvytok rehionu yak osnova konkurentospromozhnosti [Innovative-investment development of the region as the basis of competitiveness]. Visnyk hmelnitskogo natsionalnogo universitetu – Bulletin of the Khmelnitsky National University, 15, 363-367 [in Ukrainian].
- Julin I. Economic Progress of Belgium from 1890 to 1907. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, London, 1912, № 2.
- The Harvard Index of General Business Conditions its Interpretation. Cambridge, Mass., 1924.
- Azrylyyan, A.N. (2002). Bol’shoy ekonomicheskiy slovar’ [The Big Economic Dictionary]. Moscow, Institute of the New Economy [in Russian].
- Pilyushenko, V.L. (2007). Upravlinnya innovatsiyno-investytsiynyy rozvytkom terytoriyi : [Management of innovation and investment development of the territory]. Donetsk: VIK [in Ukrainian].
- Semenov, V.F. (2013). Vykorystannya potentsialu novoyi ekonomiky pry formuvanni rehionalnykh innovatsiynykh struktur orhanizatsiyi i upravlinnya turyzmom [Use of the potential of the new economy in the formation of regional innovative structures of organization and management of tourism]. Odessa: Atlanta [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukraini: Pro osnovy natsionalnoyi bezpeky Ukrayiny (2003) [About the Fundamentals of National Security of Ukraine]. Uryadovy curier — Uriadovy Courier, 139 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukraini: Pro derzhavni tsilovi prohramy (2004) [About state target programs]. Uryadovy curier — Uriadovy Courier, 75 [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukraini: Pro innovatsiynu diyalnist (2002) [About innovation activity]. Uryadovy curier — Uriadovy Courier, 143 [in Ukrainian].
- Ukaz Prezidenta Ukrainy: Stratehiya staloho rozvytku «Ukrayina — 2020» (2015) [The Strategy for Sustainable Development “Ukraine 2020”]. Uryadovy curier – Uriadovy Courier, 6 [in Ukrainian].
- Diyalnist subyektiv hospodaryuvannya, 2016 : statystychnyy zbirnyk [Activity of Business Entities, 2016 : Statistical Collection]. (2017). Kyiv, Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [in Ukrainian].
- Diyalnist pidpryyemstv z vyrobnytstva kharchovykh produktiv v Odeskiy oblasti : Zbirnyk [Activity of enterprises of food production in the Odessa region: Collection]. (2017). Odesa, Holovne upravlinnya statystyky [in Ukrainian].
- Osnovni pokaznyky diyalnosti pidpryyemstv Odeskoyi oblasti u 2016 rotsi : statystychnyy byuleten [Main indicators of activity of enterprises of Odessa region in 2016: Statistical bulletin]. (2017). Odesa, Holovne upravlinnya statystyky v Odeskiy oblasti [in Ukrainian].
- Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine for 2017. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/publ1_u.htm
Full Text (.pdf)